Super Contributor

IT Celebration Foundation vs Skinn Plasma Foundation

Looking at one versus the other.

Any one care to comment??

Super Contributor

Re: IT Celebration Foundation vs Skinn Plasma Foundation

I have both, I like to use the celebration on top of a liquid, I like to use the plasma by itself.I think I get a better finish with the plasma though

Honored Contributor

The Celebration Foundation is a powder and the Plasma is moist. I'm not sure how to compare these since they're different types of product. It's not like comparing say, Celebration Foundation to Balance-N-Brighten or Plasma to a CC cream.

What kind of foundation do you usually like, whitelinen, a powder or something moist?

Super Contributor

Hello ladies, thanks so much for the replies!

I don't have a preference, JLF, one or the other. I am 63, finding most powder bases settle. I have read pro's for the Celebration foundation for older skin.

It's such an investment today considering the cost of a quality foundation.

I guess I'm asking for general results for those who have tried both.

Super Contributor

I am finding the CC's do not give enough coverage.

Super Contributor

Have read every Skinn thread with interest. Have to say I am anxious to try some of the products!

Super Contributor

As far as powders go, the It settles less than most, which is why I like to take a medium size brush and apply it as setting powder, you can actually do it with this one. With It this is for sure the best one they have.

Respected Contributor

First, IT is hard to get a good color match. Fair is too pale/white, Light is too yellow. If you need very little coverage it's quick and easy. But overall I think the coverage is lacking. It doesn't dry out the skin too much.

The SKINN I think is similar to Maybelline's Dream Matte Mouse. The color seems to match much better. The coverage tends to be sheer/medium but buildable. When I first apply it it doesn't seem likes it's covering well, but after it "sets" it's better. I like the way this feels on, not drying. I'd say the finish is more semi-matte (I have dry skin).

Honored Contributor

Ah, OK, understood. I'm in my late 50's and actually use a BB or CC cream first and then like to use Laura Geller's Baked Elements over it as a setting powder of sorts. I've tried Josie Maran's Matchmaker too and like it, but it's a lighter coverage. When I first tried Celebration Foundation, I thought I liked it, but I was mistaken. When I got a good look at myself up close, it accentuated every pore on my nose and left a powdery, cakey finish. Since then I've addressed the pores successfully, but am not interested in trying the the CF again. My current system is working well for me, but I am tempted to try a foundation from Dimitri, but I have to read more and decide if I want the plasma or the serum version.

Super Contributor

Many thanks, to all