Valued Contributor

IT Blush. Has anyone ordered this kit A293796 Your Je Ne Sais Quoi of Beautiful Skin

Im embarassed to ask, but I received the kit, lipstick, blush, brush. I cannot open the compact with the blush. I've been trying for two days and cannot get it open.

I know someone else had to order this and figured out how to open the blush.

Crazy! Very pretty compact, but I have tried everything and can't get it to open. Is it faulty or am I 'just not getting it.'

Honored Contributor

Re: IT Blush. Has anyone ordered this kit A293796 Your Je Ne Sais Quoi of Beautiful Skin

[ Edited ]
  1. @Ceci  I haven't seen that particular compact but most of the It compacts have two parts, a bottom with a sponge applicator and the top with the product.  You have to slip a fingernail in the crack in the front then lift up.  Be sure you're trying to open it from the front, not where the hinge is located on the back. 
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: IT Blush. Has anyone ordered this kit A293796 Your Je Ne Sais Quoi of Beautiful Skin

I'm studying a zoom of the compact shown on the product page. At the front of the lower case of the compact, which looks like it's covered by a lip of the upper case, is a little catch that must have a corresponding slot in the upper part of the case.

I'd think if you slide a thumbnail under the lip of the upper case on the side opposite the hinge and sort of pry it towards you and up to free it from the catch, it should open.

Just checked the video--that definitely seems the way to get it open. The catch should be below the lettering; the hinge side is above the lettering.

Good luck. That's a very pretty pink.

Regular Contributor

Yes, I bought this kit and got it the other day.   To open the compact, you just have to push up on the little latch.  I can't remember if there was a piece of clear tape over it when I got it.   Just make sure the words on the top of the case are facing toward you and not upside down.