Trusted Contributor

Re: I've been going back to ""Old Perfumes""...that I never liked....crazy!

bette thanks for that link for the JeRevien,they have the perfume.

september I wore opium for a few years then grew to hate it and now love it again. Tastes can change,maybe try it again.

White Shoulders was another one I used to love but now can't seem to wear it anymore. mY cousin many years ago love it os much on me he bought it for his then girlfriend. This is a fun thread,brings back some good memories.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Valued Contributor

I have loved Coty's Emeurade since my mother wore it daily. I began wearing it as a teen, and should I be embarassed to say I never stopped??

Over the years I have tried others but rarely bought a second bottle. With Emeraude I feel like "me" and even spritz a small bit before bed to relax me.

Years ago there was a true perfume Emeraude, but it hasn't been made in years. The cologne doesn't have much staying power, but it really is my "signature" fragrance. DH is as old fashioned as I am and he still likes it. My 12 year old grandson told me I smell good, so that is all I needed to hear!

Regular Contributor

On 12/23/2014 september said: How long does perfume last, if unopened? I have so many unopened bottles of Opium....my husband would buy me more each time he traveled, and I don't really care for it anymore. But someone might, or I might like it again, someday.

I just bought almost empty bottles of opium on ebay...my boyfriend thinks I'm nuts. If you would like to sell some I'd be interested Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 12/23/2014 daisyk said:
On 12/23/2014 Graciesmom said:
On 12/23/2014 YorkieonmyPillow said:
On 12/23/2014 horseyak said:

Any takers for Tabu?

I love Tabu! I always loved White Shoulders, also......I usually pick up a set of Tabu at Christmas while shopping..

I love Tabu also ... Just brings back certain memories ... Also Chanel No. 5 ... but does anyone remember Aviance ?? Commercial said "We're going to have an Aviance night" ??

Had to look on Youtube for the Aviance commercial. Remembered it as soon as I saw it! I don't think I ever had Aviance though. I did wear Tabu though-probably circa 1979 or 80.

I put on some Tabu after my shower last night. A guilty pleasure. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Regular Contributor

Someone here on BB once recced Fragrance Primer by Canvas & Concrete @ https://www.canvasandconcrete.com/ which supposedly makes a fragrance last longer. I haven't tried it yet - it's on my list of things to get one day. Thought I'd pass it on in case someone here might want to try it.

Honored Contributor

On 12/23/2014 qvcaddition said:

I used to wear one called, "WOMAN" by JOVAN, and always got so many compliments. It was so funny when guys used to ask, What are you wear? I would answer, "WOMAN", and that is how I want to smell today. The industry hates women I think with the screwy way they dress now and no scents that you can actually smell.

I was thinking about this fragrance a couple of weeks ago. One of my former students used to wear this daily. I always found myself walking around wherever she was seated. Finally one day I requested that she stay after class when I asked her what she was wearing. She thought she was in trouble so she was relieved to tell me. I wore Woman and Ciara for a couple of years.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Super Contributor

On 12/23/2014 sophiamaria2 said:
On 12/23/2014 Southern Fried Chick said:

Thank you for starting this thread, Dazlin. I can relate to most everything that's been said.

We have our own beauty junkie on the Q and I have always been a beauty and fragrance junkie, since I was 6 years old. I'm now 65, so I remember when fragrances actually had a scent that lasted. Every fragrance that has been mentioned, I've worn.

I'm still upset over the original Tova being ruined. Yeah, I'm guilty of carrying grudges.

I hold a grudge (and sadness) over tova also!!!! I paid a ridiculous amount of money for an old used one on ebay... AND they also have ruined another one of my favs...Opium. I've also paid a crazy amount for 1/4 bottle of opium on ebay.. but sooner than later they will all be done also Smiley Sad I hate change.

Ya' know, all of the oldies have been ruined. Opium was a favorite of mine, too. I prefer fragrances with some oomph!

The original Tova had everything going for it. Sigh...

Respected Contributor

On 12/23/2014 katy keene said: Youth Dew, anyone!? Got some recently and every time I wear it hubby says "you smell good."

Me! I wore Youth Dew almost exclusively for years. Still have quite a bit left over. DH (now deceased) used to buy me a lot of fragrance because it was an easy gift for him to find. I got compliments on the Youth Dew fragrance every time I wore it. Maybe I should resurrect that bottle.

I also have a huge bottle of White Shoulders which he bought years ago. I wore it as a teen, but sort of lost interest when I felt it began to smell different on me.

But my recent favorites have been Georgio and Boucheron. And Liz Taylor's White Diamonds bath powder! Lovely!

Contributor

On 12/22/2014 beauty junkie said:

Me too. I wore JeRevien starting at 17 through my 20's and am now in love with it again. I wish I could find the perfume and body lotion.Always got compliments when I wore it and still am.

http://www.fragrancenet.com/fragrances/perfume/worth/je-reviens/edt#!117575

I use it too. They have great prices

Valued Contributor

I am loving these good memories! My choice is Arpege......."Promise her anything, but give her Arpege."

I ordered some online, and love it! very soft, but long lasting.