Frequent Contributor

Re: I've been going back to ""Old Perfumes""...that I never liked....crazy!

On 12/23/2014 horseyak said:

Any takers for Tabu?

I liked Tabu in my teens. My sister hated it and I hated her Chanel No. 5 - thought it smelled like insecticide. ??
Respected Contributor

Remember Shalimar and L'air du temps....I can still picture the girls in college who wore them everyday. Funny how long lasting the memories from the sense of smell last!

Trusted Contributor

On 12/25/2014 wakefield64 said:

Remember Shalimar and L'air du temps....I can still picture the girls in college who wore them everyday. Funny how long lasting the memories from the sense of smell last!

I still wear Shalimar - have been nursing a bottle of Ode de Vanilla for a few years. It is so beautiful! And I also love and wear Chanel 22 but it is very expensive and not something I would have bought when I was in high school.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

Ahhh yesss! The ""old perfumes"" .. !!!

I recently started wearing Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds body powder and Elizabeth Arden's Red Door body powder and LOVE them. Such nice clean fragrances. Not that stinky musk odor that I can't stand.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Regular Contributor

Personally, I would love to smell vintage Jontue on a woman's skin just one more time.

Super Contributor

I love Tresor. I don't currently have any but have definitely decided this year to never buy EDT's again, only EDP. I did notice though that Lancome has recently come out with a new Tresor. I don't remember the name but I heard that it is a lighter scent than the original Tresor.

Super Contributor

During the winter months, for years I wore Shalimar and also Calvin Klein's Obsession. Right now, I'm back to Chanel No 5 ( light version). Sometimes you just need to revisit the oldies but goodies.
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

My husband actually bought me some White Diamonds for Christmas. Funny thing was years ago I switched from it to Sparkling White Diamonds because I thought the regular White Diamonds was a little too strong for me. Well, yesterday I used it and fell in love with it again and today when I woke up, I still could smell the fragrance..now that usually isn't the case.

Regular Contributor

On 12/23/2014 katy keene said: Youth Dew, anyone!? Got some recently and every time I wear it hubby says "you smell good."

I have a bottle of the Youth Dew bath oil and it works better for me.

I also have begun to appreciate Chanel No.5 again,but only the "eau premiere" version.

So many of my old favorites have vanished or have been reformulated into a shadow of their former greatness;the ingredients are either too pricey,unavailable or don't pass the VOC guidelines...sigh.

I miss Chant d'Arômes and Diorling especially.

P.S. I adored Katy Keene comic books!!!!

Super Contributor

I went back to Liz Taylor's ""Passion"" perfume and I still love it after all these years. Plus I stick to many of my old Estee Lauder favorites even now.