Valued Contributor

I'm wondering about other uses for the TSV compact...

Do you think once it is depelted, it would possible to "refill" it with a watered down CC cream just as a "grab and go" purse sized version of the CC Cream? I don't plan on doing the full two years of A/D - I might just do one A/D to get the brow. So I'm just wondering if anyone has tried to refill the pads. Obviously you'd want to clean it out completely before trying this. Just a thought. Maybe a bad one lol - has anyone tried?

Respected Contributor

Re: I'm wondering about other uses for the TSV compact...

The compact is re-fillable.  I don't know what the cost of the re-fill is compared to the CC in the tube, but I would think it would be comparable and probably more sanitary.

Honored Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

Do you think once it is depelted, it would possible to "refill" it with a watered down CC cream just as a "grab and go" purse sized version of the CC Cream? I don't plan on doing the full two years of A/D - I might just do one A/D to get the brow. So I'm just wondering if anyone has tried to refill the pads. Obviously you'd want to clean it out completely before trying this. Just a thought. Maybe a bad one lol - has anyone tried?

@ctinaw many Asian companies have these types of foundations (and have for years now, it isn't a new concept) and they offer pad refills. Then you can use your BB cream in the new pads and it is a convenient way to travel with your favorite foundation (BB, CC, whatever, lol). Here is an example of how to refill it with your own foundation:

http://www.misshaus.com/magic-cushion-case.html

Note that you can buy compact refill pads for only $2.00 for a pack of two.

HTH! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure I get the whole sponge thing. I can see how it would be easy to carry around, but it does not seem to be a sanitary or efficient way of getting the product. The compact only contains about 1/3 ounce for $36 ( $108/oz???). Many good foundations sell for about that price for a full ounce. How much of the 1/3 oz. is left in the sponge? 

Not worth the price for me.

Honored Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

Interesting, I bought the L'Oreal version of this, which I think is very good. I like the texture and coverage is amazing for such a lightweight foundation. But you don't get much.  I was thinking about trying to add some other foundation to the pad once it is used up,

BTW  the L'Oreal version is under $20 as is the Physicians Formula which was reviewed well on a blog I read, I haven't tried that one though