Honored Contributor

Re: How much do you spend on Wen?

On 1/1/2015 GoodStuff said:

The idea of spending $100 or more per month for hair products is just ridiculous to me! There are good shampoos, conditioners, etc. in the marketplace for a fraction of that cost. I think the WEN craze is all a bunch of hype, and I'm not even a little bit interested.

If you're so uninterested why do you post so much on the Wen threads?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I finally stopped buying it. Over and over I buy it and it just doesn't work for me. I have given so much away.

One of my best friends love it. I give it to her for everything. I still have that huge tub of it with the big pump. I think it is called a gallon or more! Then I have a few of them where they have nice smells.

I even have the lotions, you name it in Wen. I finally got my head straight. I just couldn't accept that it doesn't work for me if everyone else uses it. Chaz is a good salesman! Ha!

No more though! The last few shows I've bought nothing. Now I have to get rid of that gallon jug! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

As much as I want. I'm a savvy shopper though so when there's a deal I stock up.
Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2015 annabellethecat said:

I finally stopped buying it. Over and over I buy it and it just doesn't work for me. I have given so much away.

One of my best friends love it. I give it to her for everything. I still have that huge tub of it with the big pump. I think it is called a gallon or more! Then I have a few of them where they have nice smells.

I even have the lotions, you name it in Wen. I finally got my head straight. I just couldn't accept that it doesn't work for me if everyone else uses it. Chaz is a good salesman! Ha!

No more though! The last few shows I've bought nothing. Now I have to get rid of that gallon jug! Smiley Happy

I find it interesting that you don't like Wen yet purchased a gallon of it. I love Wen but still haven't bought a gallon. Why would you continue to buy Wen if it doesn't work for you? Your entire post doesn't make any sense to me. If you have Wen that you don't want you should try to sell it.

Contributor

On 1/1/2015 midori said: It's funny that you said that about your hair. My hair was straight until I had my son; now it has waves. Hormones! I'll give Tea Tree a shot, too. I went for Fig because my hair felt so dry. It's not colored, and all I do is blow dry it, but my ends always felt dry.

It really is funny how hormone works! My brother and I were talking about hair the other day (not sure how we got on the subject) and we both commented on how strange it was to grow with super straight hair that you couldn't really style and then grow to have coarse wavy hair. My brother's is more coarse, thick and curlier than mine. I'm still lucky to have thick wavy hair though!

Do try Tea Tree and see how that works and perhaps also use the Re-Moist Mask and/or Treatment oil. I do use Tea Tree oil once a week, maybe once every 2 weeks. It helps grow my hair and maintain the health. I've heard others say it helps control the oil production as well. The mask will help with the dry ends. Again, I do this once every 2 weeks and leave it on for an hour. I could go without this product but like to maintain the health and shine in my hair. I hope this helps!

Regular Contributor

Hahahaha! Chimps have escaped again, and they are flinging poo. Midori, you will find the occasional pathetic individual who spends their time lurking on a home shopping network's forum for a hair care product. Why? We don't know. Hope you have great results with Wen, but don't stress if you don't. I use it because I have color treated hair; that's what it was designed for in the first place. My daughter uses a sulfate-free shampoo and Wen as a conditioner only. Happy New Year to you too.

Respected Contributor

On 12/31/2014 little miss sunshine said:

I spend 0. I won't buy into all that hype.

Then they should start calling you little miss split ends!

Honored Contributor

Before starting WEN, I used a bottle of Salon Shampoo and conditioner per month. I never used any products sold in the drug store or grocery store. Just 'so called' higher end Salon brands. Cost me $40 or more a month.

DH bought drug store brands...2 bottles of shampoo only per month. Approx. cost $15. Family cost $50-$55 per month.

Now with WEN, between the 2 of us we use 1) 32oz bottle per month (most months not quite the full bottle). Q cost is $49 but I have always purchased in kits making the value less than $49 even with shipping.

Total wash of cost, as the previous poster said!

I use styling cream and 1 oil treatment per week. Usually get in kits at a savings.

Prior...like others...I used a CLOSET full of creams and shiners and detanglers and root lifters...bottles of stuff! NO MORE.

I only cleanse 2-3x per week now (I DO repeat the cleanse) instead of washing & conditioning every day. DH still washes every day, but only needs one cleanse and only 2 pumps.

My hair is down mid back, color treated at roots only. Medium to fine hair, dryer hair.

Poo hasn't touched my head in almost 2 years now. I have virtually NO split ends..NONE! Only trim my hair once every 12 weeks instead of every six (money saved). Not counting the hours I would sit in front of my mirror and snip those splits myself!!

My color lasts 2 wks longer than before WEN (money saved)

TT is my favorite 1st cleanse, followed by FIG for moisture! I do love a few seasonals that I will mix with my fig.

Respected Contributor

I think the most expensive part about using WEN is finding those formulas that are best for your hair type and texture. That is why I like to recommend that newbies grab one of the sampler sets like A222871 for $33. It allows exploration without too much financial commitment. I feel bad when I see someone new to WEN who jumps in to a gallon or 613 or BGT as a first step -- especially if it is not the best formula for their hair type. Once you arrive at your best core formula(s), it becomes cost effective to play with seasonals and the treatment formulas when you buy during Team WEN visits.

I spend more for WEN CCs at any one time because I shop the TSVs and get a lot of product at once -- but I suspect it is at least a wash if not more cost effective than when I was using salon shampoo when averaged over a year.

p.s. The oils are an additional expense that I partake in because they are so effective for my scalp. If you are on a tight budget, they might be hard to work in.

Valued Contributor

Last June (2014) I probably spent over $160 on several different cleansers. I still have 4 unopened bottles. I am really finding I like using WEN, at first I was skeptical but it's proving to be well worth the money. My hair is looking so pretty, it's getting longer too, finally. I don't color my hair, I don't go anywhere for cuts, I have my family member just trim it occasionally. I enjoy using WEN but every once in a while I still use regular shampoo just for the heck of it. I have not purchased anymore sense my initial purchase.