Valued Contributor

Help.....the best eye cream....for swollen and eye lids

Thanks for any help. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Help.....the best eye cream....for swollen and eye lids

@lucky-girl for puffiness products containing caffeine, green tea, cucumber are usually the best, Matrixyl is another ingredient that is helpful .Antihistamines can help if it's allergy related. I use a eye massager to help keep the blood from 

pooling around my eyes and creating darkness on top of the puff.

Inexpensive route to try is the Inkey Caffeine eye cream or 

The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5%

Then of course all the big names in the industry they all have products in the lines if you want to go dept store route  

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus 

@monicakm 

These two ladies know the best products. Maybe they can share some input. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lucky-girl  Before expecting any cosmetic product to address your puffy eyelids, you should have the issue medically evaluated.  It could be an environmental reaction and using an antihistamine could reduce the amount of puffiness you have.  

As for products, Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream by the Brand 100% Pure is a long-time international bestseller, and beauty editors' favorite. There may be others, but this one has a pretty good track record.  You may also have to embrace the idea of having some clinical treatments done even if you do not want to have surgery.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucky-girl wrote:

Thanks for any help. 

@SilleeMee

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

@lucky-girl wrote:

Thanks for any help. 

@lucky-girl   I've been using the DRMTLGY Eye Brightener w/ SPF. Soemthing in there does take down the look of swelling  IMO and the brightening helps. Yes, I have used it on the lids.

Honored Contributor

Not sure about what "swollen" might involve. Could be many reasons for that as well as remedies for it depending on the cause(s). No way of knowing w/o specifics.

Honored Contributor

@lucky-girl  -  The word swollen sounds like you may need to see a doctor?  Or are you just talking about puffy eyelids?

Valued Contributor

Thanks to you all.  I guess I should have used the term puffy not swollen....checking out your suggestions

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can try and reduce your salt intake plus eat more foods containing potassium and that will help get rid of water retention caused from the salt you do eat. Potassium counteracts sodium. Puffy eyes are a result of water retention in most cases while others are from inflammation due to allergies or even from certain meds. Reducing salt intake and drinking more water...you'll see results within the next few days if not overnight.

Potassium-rich foods (mostly fruits/veggies):

• apricots and dried fruit.
  • tree fruits — such as avocados, apples, oranges and bananas.
  • leafy greens — such as spinach, kale and silverbeet.
  • vine fruits — such as tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, eggplant and pumpkin.
  • root vegetables — such as carrots, potatoes and sweet potatoes.