Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono

The more I look at this pic the more I like it.  I have an appointment at a new salon that a nurse I met, I love her hair, goes to.  I think I'm going to get it done like this.  It looks easy and stylish.

image.jpg

Respected Contributor

vHairstyle Layered Hair Styles For Short Hair Women Over 50 | Edgy and Sexy Women's Haircuts: Fashion, Bing Images, Shorts Haircuts, Hair Cut, Short Hairstyles, Beautiful, Shorts Hair Style, Wigs, Shorts Hairstyles

Trusted Contributor

@fourpaws56

I like that but my hair is not thick enough for the style.  That's the problem I'm having with some of the styles, my hair is on the thin side.

Respected Contributor

Himi lover,

I'd try on a short wig before I'd commit to a drastic change. If you have fine hair, it may just lie flat.  Years ago I went short and ended up looking like a pin head.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I have fine hair but a lot of it as my stylist says.  We use a body perm on me and I use a little bit of gel to hold it when I dry it sitting down and leaning over.  I get a lot of volume.  To style, I use a one inch curling rod and a light spritz of moveable hair spray.  Works like a charm and I don't "deflate" when it rains!

Trusted Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

Himi lover,

I'd try on a short wig before I'd commit to a drastic change. If you have fine hair, it may just lie flat.  Years ago I went short and ended up looking like a pin head.

Good luck!

I've got fine hair but as the hairdresser says a lot of it.  It's short now, ear length, A little longer in the back, and I've had it even shorter.  So it's not like I'm going from shoulder length to short short hair.  The top will be different though.

Respected Contributor

I wish I could wear a short cut and still look feminine. If I had short hair I would look butch lol

Trusted Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

I wish I could wear a short cut and still look feminine. If I had short hair I would look butch lol

@kcladyz

I've always been told I look better with short hair.  I think it's the shape of my face.

Respected Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:

@kcladyz wrote:

@kcladyz

I've always been told I look better with short hair.  I think it's the shape of my face.

I wish I could wear short hair,but my face looks like a pie....

Respected Contributor

@Lovethesea wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Google "short haircuts" or "short hairstyles" and many options will pop up.

ITA!  Also, for volume try a volumizing gel--just a bit on the roots while styling w/a round brush.  When my hair was shorter, I used Artec Textureline Volume Gel and loved it.  Although it has been discontinued, you can find it online for up to $145!!! Amazing the inflated prices online on discontinued items!

My hair is now much like Rose Byrne's...

Image result for rose byrne in red lipstick 

So easy to style.  Just section horizontally into 3 sections in the back and roll under w/a round brush, then roll forward w/a round brush on each side

@Lovethesea  I LOVE that hair. Super chic and classic!