Honored Contributor

Re: Have you tried Laura Mercier moisture surpreme foundation

On 12/13/2014 Gussie2007 said:

The Moisture Supreme Foundation DOES have a pump dispenser.

That's good, Gussie2007, much more sanitary and better longevity. I was referring only to the post about one of her foundations that is in a jar.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

On 12/13/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 12/13/2014 Gussie2007 said:

The Moisture Supreme Foundation DOES have a pump dispenser.

That's good, Gussie2007, much more sanitary and better longevity. I was referring only to the post about one of her foundations that is in a jar.

You do make a good point! This isn't something that had crossed my mind before.

Esteemed Contributor

I never stick my fingers in a jar of anything. How unsanitary! Go to Sally's Beauty Supply and buy a package of plastic applicators. put them in the jar and then transfer to your fingers. Rinse applicator in hot water after using.
Honored Contributor

On 12/14/2014 KathyPet said: I never stick my fingers in a jar of anything. How unsanitary! Go to Sally's Beauty Supply and buy a package of plastic applicators. put them in the jar and then transfer to your fingers. Rinse applicator in hot water after using.

I guess that is a reasonable option if one is devoted to a foundation in a jar. Personally, I prefer the ease and convenience of a tube if I want a cream foundation or a pump dispenser if I want a liquid foundation.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Although it seems to have been deleted, I did happen to see a very odd and disturbing reply to my original post here about my dislike of foundations in a jar. It is sad and sort of weird that anyone would take an opinion about a delivery system for a foundation in such a personal way. Thankfully, such juvenile reactions are few and far between on this board.

Frequent Contributor

I bought the Laura Mercier moisture supreme foundation a couple of months ago when the weather started to get cold and my dry skin became even more dry. I love it. I had never used it before I purchased it this fall.... used to use powder foundations from Bare Minerals but the past few years have been on the hunt for a gentle, creamy, moisturizing foundation. Over the past couple of years I've tried liquid foundations from Bobbi Brown, Bare Minerals, and Chanel..... and I like the Laura Mercier moisture supreme the best.

The counter girl told me to pump it out on my hand, then use the sponge you buy separately to blend it into my skin. She instructed me not to use a foundation brush with this foundation.

I find the shade a perfect match for my skin, and my skin looks smooth and hydrated all day long with no caking. It comes off easily in the evening with my regular cleanser.

If I were to have one complaint, it's that it does not contain any SPF, but I have that in my moisturizer, so it's not a big deal.

Try it. I'm glad I did :-)

Regular Contributor

Nordstroms has 10% off Laura Mercier right now.

Honored Contributor

I personally would not want to use a foundation that's housed in a jar. It just creeps me out to think of sticking my fingers in there. It can't be very sanitary.

If I wanted a cream formula, I'd look for one in a tube; if I wanted liquid, I like the ones in a pump dispenser.

It depends on how you use the foundation. If you have a tube foundation and squeeze it out on your hand and dip it with a dirty brush that is not very sanitary and many women do not wash their brushes everyday. Using the foundation in a jar you use a clean stick or sponge each time to scoop a little out and use a clean sponge or clean fingers to spread out which is more sanitary than the tube. I doubt if any woman would stick her fingers in the jar.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

On 12/14/2014 KatCat1 said:

I personally would not want to use a foundation that's housed in a jar. It just creeps me out to think of sticking my fingers in there. It can't be very sanitary.

If I wanted a cream formula, I'd look for one in a tube; if I wanted liquid, I like the ones in a pump dispenser.

It depends on how you use the foundation. If you have a tube foundation and squeeze it out on your hand and dip it with a dirty brush that is not very sanitary and many women do not wash their brushes everyday. Using the foundation in a jar you use a clean stick or sponge each time to scoop a little out and use a clean sponge or clean fingers to spread out which is more sanitary than the tube. I doubt if any woman would stick her fingers in the jar.

See Post #13.