Super Contributor

Re: Have You Heard of the New Cause of Lines on Your Neck?

Honored Contributor

On 8/24/2014 14Victoria said:
On 8/24/2014 sidsmom said:

Awwww....wonder how these gals handled it? Instead of Tech Neck...they had Typewriter Neck? A lot of web hits are due to the joint/spine pain of "Tech Neck"...not wrinkle/loose skin of "tech neck".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Perhaps you should look again, there are several articles on wrinkles from tech neck-I would paste some of them here but no one here is interested in anything except making fun of others.

Well yes....yes I DID look before posting.

I Googled Tech Neck & the 1st & 3rd entries mentioned 'wrinkles'.

-) 1st entry (Daily Mail) promoted a product 'Microlift'

-) 3rd entry (wsfa.com) had two doctors quoted...

1st doctor stating, "'I think that's a bit of a stretch,' she said of the claims linking neck skin changes to mobile device habits."

2nd doctor stating, "' He said changes to the neck are inevitable whether one uses a smart phone, tablet, e-reader, or laptop.'"

And both agreeing, "'Still she, nor Tessler, is sold on claims that texting or using other mobile devices definitely leads to so called "tech neck," or premature wrinkling of the skin.',

After that, I tuned out & looked for a funny picture.

Honored Contributor

On 8/24/2014 seniorCTzn said:

I'd love to watch Dana say this on air during a presentation. "Lean forward a little, Dana...*smack* " !!!

OMG! This is the best thing I have ever seen lol
Trusted Contributor

On 8/24/2014 Divine said:

14Victoria, I don't think anyone here is intentionally making fun of anybody. It's just a little levity, that's all. No harm intended. Sorry...

Not me, Dana and Perricone. Not sure why there is soo much hate for such an accomplished DR.

Oh my...I don't hate anyone. In fact, I sometimes use these products. Good grief.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

for at least 12 years school children are looking down at their work on their desks. Was it previously called School neck?
Super Contributor

Well that is just ridiculous. Sales must be down for them to go to that extreme!

Honored Contributor

On 8/24/2014 tigriss said:

I heard of texting being related to neck issues for chiropractors. Something about throwing the neck out of alignment. It is like staring downwards at a computer monitor.

Seriously, that's the reason ergonomics are so important in the workplace. The problem arises from being in a certain position for hours at a time, for days, weeks, years. It's about looking at a certain angle without frequent interruption, or a sustained or repetitious activity or position, that sort of thing.

But whether it creates more neck lines? That's one I don't know anything about. Could be factual, could be a sales gimmick.Wink

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

what a SILLY thought---cel phone neck---people have had that way before cel phones
Super Contributor

I've had lines on my neck my entire life - born that way!

Respected Contributor

On 8/24/2014 Divine said:

14Victoria, I don't think anyone here is intentionally making fun of anybody. It's just a little levity, that's all. No harm intended. Sorry...

Not me, Dana and Perricone. Not sure why there is soo much hate for such an accomplished DR.

I can't speak for everyone but for me it is not hate at all. I am sincerely baffled that you can't get relevant information about the products from the spokesperson or creator. Also, a little put out, I guess, that a company wouldn't bother to take the time to explain and educate me when asking me to pay a higher price point for the product. Maybe even insulted that they don't think I'm either smart enough to understand or worth their time to do so.

You have to admit, Tech Neck does sound a bit hokey, don't you think? I don't think the levity in the posts is really worth calling hate filled. As far as bashing, I've heard wayyyy worse here. I don't think this constitutes bashing. No personal attacks that I've read.