Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Heard of the New Cause of Lines on Your Neck?

Long live the redneck! (I worked outside for 25 years. I know it honestly.) I could never afford all that stuff for wrinkles, and I have relatively few that go skin deep. Heredity.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

On 8/24/2014 14Victoria said:
On 8/24/2014 sidsmom said:
On 8/24/2014 14Victoria said:
On 8/24/2014 sidsmom said:

Awwww....wonder how these gals handled it? Instead of Tech Neck...they had Typewriter Neck? A lot of web hits are due to the joint/spine pain of "Tech Neck"...not wrinkle/loose skin of "tech neck".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Perhaps you should look again, there are several articles on wrinkles from tech neck-I would paste some of them here but no one here is interested in anything except making fun of others.

Well yes....yes I DID look before posting.

I Googled Tech Neck & the 1st & 3rd entries mentioned 'wrinkles'.

-) 1st entry (Daily Mail) promoted a product 'Microlift'

-) 3rd entry (wsfa.com) had two doctors quoted...

1st doctor stating, "'I think that's a bit of a stretch,' she said of the claims linking neck skin changes to mobile device habits."

2nd doctor stating, "' He said changes to the neck are inevitable whether one uses a smart phone, tablet, e-reader, or laptop.'"

And both agreeing, "'Still she, nor Tessler, is sold on claims that texting or using other mobile devices definitely leads to so called "tech neck," or premature wrinkling of the skin.',

After that, I tuned out & looked for a funny picture.

Ok, last time I'm wasting my time replying to this nonsense. "Neck wrinkles from cell phone" searched on google has many entries. But of course everyone is just making it up to help Perricone sell products. SMDH
people are poking fun because looking down is not something new that people are suddenly doing because of cellphones. it probably does cause wrinkles, every day life and movement causes the stretching of skin and subsequent wrinkles, none of this is new. And googling it and finding others buying into it doesn't make it so
Honored Contributor

Oh, please, these companies will say anything. My lines have not changed in years. However, I use a body lotion, butter or moisturizer every night. My neck does not know that I am not using neck cream.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

That is so hilarious that he would say that. I almost take that as an insult. Does he think we would believe something so insipid? lol..

Honored Contributor

I am going to stick my neck out here...Is it so hard for anyone to imagine you can get wrinkles from repetitive positions and movements. There is always good DNA, but one can get lines on eyes, side of nose bridge, chest (between breasts) and cheek from side sleeping. Sleeping with a too high pillow can put your chin in your chest and cause wrinkles later in life. Squinting for many year can cause crows feet. It happens. I did not see the show, nor would I watch, although I use Perricone.

When you look down for long periods, everyday, for years, when you are older you can get that "ring around the neck". But not everyone gets them. Some people have really good posture, and slender necks that do not crease, cream or no cream

Imo, cream will help a little bit if you start early. But what will really help is one becomes aware of the neck folding, and retrain yourself into another position. Just makes sense.

I think Perricone neck cream is fabulous for the lower neck myself. I am 66 and have pretty good genetics, but this helped me because I am a side sleeper at times. I am large busted and I was getting those wrinkles between the breasts that go up a bit into the neck line. Really helped smooth the lower neck for me. I also bought a lower profile pillow and retrained myself to sleeping on my back. I snore I am told more on my back, but hey, it helps my neck...so who cares, I don't hear my snoring! LOL

This is JMHO. No need to bash the product everytime it is on. Dana makes some odd comments, my her heart is probably in the right place. I have seen her only once. I buy Perricone online at his site. or Nordstrom. I get high mrrebates, and usually a boat load of treats!

Honored Contributor

Actually, in truth neck rings are like tree trunks. They are age rings. A tree surgeon can remove those rings for 3,600, and a few weeks "down" time. TIMBER!!

Honored Contributor

lol @ Novel Neck!

I'd think it is a lot of things we do in life - and have always done. The suggestion is that we walk around looking up at the sky all the time? That would solve the problem? lol

Honored Contributor

On 8/24/2014 willdob3 said:

lol @ Novel Neck!

I'd think it is a lot of things we do in life - and have always done. The suggestion is that we walk around looking up at the sky all the time? That would solve the problem? lol

Novel Neck! LOL!

Honored Contributor

Disclosure: I neither love nor hate the line...just making an observation. When ever there's something really edgy, either news related (like this) or weird-ingredient product, it seems to always come out of the Perricone camp. Maybe it's my imagination.