Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried the Clarisonic SMART Profile Sonic Cleansing System?

[ Edited ]

Has anyone purchased the top of the line  Clarisonic SMART Profile Sonic Cleansing System ?  QVC has it online for a while in a kit which costs around $270 (with creams, etc. that I don't need).

I had been waiting for a TSV on it but I doubt it will happen for a while, since QVC hhad a full size Claricsonic TSV several months ago. I'm thinking of purchasing this one since it's $20 off of the regular price. 

I love the way my current Clarisonic cleans but, from some of the QVC reviews I've read,  this tricked out one does an even better job. Normally I don't need to have the latest version of this or that, but good facial care is important to me.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

____

What is it: The Smart Profile is the next generation of Clarisonic cleansing! Smarter, easier, and more powerful, the Smart Profile has a new fourth speed, a brush head change indicator light, and turbo button for a targeted boost in cleansing. The new Smart brush heads have a professional-like protocol built into the brush head for easier and more effective cleansing. Best of all the Smart Profile is a face and body cleansing device--with pedi capabilities--in one chic unit.

Who is it for: All skin types.

Why is it different: With a new fourth speed, turbo button, easier-to-use interface and face, body, and pedi capability, the Smart Profile removes long-wearing makeup approximately 11-times better cleansing than hands alone.

____ 

____

This is the new configuration which will be featured on the thursday (7/30) CEW Beauty Insider Awards show:

New
QVC Price: $219.00Featured Price: $199.00
Available for 5 Easy Payments

____
____

This is the current configuration that is available at QVC online: 

Best Seller
QVC Price: $298.00Featured Price: $269.00
Available for 4 Easy Payments

____
Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried the Clarisonic SMART Profile Sonic Cleansing System?

I have it and absolutely love it. I can't really compare it though as it was my first Clarisonic purchase. 

Honored Contributor

I'm looking for a new Clarisonic, but I passed on this one because the cost of ownership is too high for my liking. Replacement brushes for a regular Clarisonic are already up from $25 to $27 and the new Smart brushes are $32 each. That's $128 (+ tax) on replacements brushes every year.

I have a Foreo Luna mini and I miss my Clarisonic, but maybe I won't replace it at all, since the Foreo Luna doesn't cost me an additional $108-$128 for brushes each year. If I do get a new Clarisonic, it will be a Mia 3/Aria.

Respected Contributor

bebe: I have not tried the SMART profile Clarisonic but I am such a devotee to the device that I would definitely purchase it if/when my Mia 2 goes down for the count.  Cleansing my face just isn't the same without it -- and I am not easily won over by gagets.  I recently started using the new Radiance brush and I love it.

Chynna: can you say more about the Foreo Luna and the difference between it and the Clarisonic?

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I'm looking for a new Clarisonic, but I passed on this one because the cost of ownership is too high for my liking. Replacement brushes for a regular Clarisonic are already up from $25 to $27 and the new Smart brushes are $32 each. That's $128 (+ tax) on replacements brushes every year.

I have a Foreo Luna mini and I miss my Clarisonic, but maybe I won't replace it at all, since the Foreo Luna doesn't cost me an additional $108-$128 for brushes each year. If I do get a new Clarisonic, it will be a Mia 3/Aria.

ChynnaBlue, I'm just about always very thrifty with a buck (lol, I know you've seen my Wen calculations *s*). The Clarisonic is probably one of the few exceptions to my rule (along with my beloved Vitamix Pro 750). After the very first use, I could see that the size of my pores were reduced. -- I love my Clarsonic. What it does seems a bit like magic so -- and I almost cant believe I'm saying thing -- I'm happy to pay for the ongoing additional costs of owning it. I do draw the line at purchasing that newer cashmere type brush for around $30. I'll take the standard brushed, thank you very much.

btw, I always purchase the extra brush heads when they have the full size Clariasonic TSVs. The las time I had checked (some month ago), you QVC sold the brushhead duo for $40. On the TSV day you can generally get three brushheads for $40, so I always stock up at that time. I think this special is usually only for the day of the TSV. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

oh goody, one more Clairsonic product QVC can beat us over the head with!

Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

HD, lol, Clarisonic has got me... hook, line and sinker. Smiley Happy I'm a goner!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

HD, lol, Clarisonic has got me... hook, line and sinker. Smiley Happy I'm a goner!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Bebe, thank you for being such a sport and not taking my post personally. I would have never posted this on the majority of other posters' threads because I knew they'd take offense but knew you'd take it as it was intended- all in fun. Heart

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Bebe, thank you for being such a sport and not taking my post personally. I would have never posted this on the majority of other posters' threads because I knew they'd take offense but knew you'd take it as it was intended- all in fun. Heart

HD, lol, you know I enjoy being the butt of a good joke. Smiley Happy It's all good fun!! 

-- bebe... a silly girl with bouncy Wen model hair... and on the hunt for the very bestest 60 function, all tricked out Clarisonic that dances on the ceiling... oh, what a feeling!! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

Chynna: can you say more about the Foreo Luna and the difference between it and the Clarisonic?

I wrote a big post comparing the two a while back, but I can't find it.

Foreo Luna Mini Pros

• Cleanses well
  • No additional cost of ownership
  • Dries faster (less likely to mildew)
  • A charge lasts for months, not days or weeks
  • Small and takes up very little counter space; easy to travel with
  • USB Charger is small and easy to travel with, but you probably won't need to bring it along.

Foreo Luna Mini Cons: 

• No interchangeable brushes means no customization.
  • Vibrations feel harsher because they're right against my skin
  • Does not feel like it's getting all the small spaces the way a Clarisonic brush is. That said, my toner pads always come away as clean after the Luna Mini as they did after the Clarisonic.

Clarisonic Pros:

• Cleanses well
  • Interchangeable brushes mean more customization
  • Feels nice on my skin, no vibrations, just the feel of the brush
  • Feels like it gets in all the small spaces (Though the toner pad test pad comes away just as clean with either the Luna or the Clarisonic.)

Clarisonic Cons: 

• Replacement brushes are expensive ($80-$108 a year, not including tax)
  • Denser brushes may take hours to dry, can mildew if stored in humid bathroom
  • Larger footprint and larger charger
  • Takes up more space if traveling
  • Charge lasts days/weeks, not months

My skin looks as good with the Luna as it did with the Clarisonic. The Clarisonic feels better on my skin and you can change brushes to suit your preferences, but those are really the only advantages over the Luna. The Luna Mini has many more advantages: it is cheaper, cleaner, smaller, and a charge lasts much longer.