Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried the 30 day no face-washing experiment?

LOL...this is my sister's everyday plan - wet washcloth only, no skincare whatsoever. Honestly, I don't know how we share the same DNA.

Respected Contributor

there is no way I could do that, I would have major clogged pores and breakouts....seems unsanitary to me..

Respected Contributor

Your skin has to periodically be exfoliated as well as cleansed and moisturized.  Would never agree to that ridiculous experiment.  

Valued Contributor

Sick!

Trusted Contributor

I find this quite interesting and have wondered how it would be if I left my skin alone. Of course wash and just use a washcloth w/water on it as there are people who do this... think of people who do not care a darn about their skin where no m/u....many! I am unable to do this as I have to water makeup to look alive lol! I think people in countries I have seen online and in mags upclose when my brother went to India for a 5 month position and showed me people he met on the street and diff places who were dirt poor hardly anything but boy did they had beautiful skin...I saw the pics he took..amazing! I doubt they washed their faces in a very long time, but their skin wasn't dirty looking either.

Older people there in pics like heavy smokers [the men]were not as healthy looking in the skin department [duh].

When I'm sick...really sick and TG it's been awhile like an upper respiratory infection, the last thing I care about is washing my face...water fine of course. And I note my normally dry skin does balance out and I feel more supple skin, more oil on my skin after a day or so, not too much but kind of like "normal to dry" not really very dry like my norm.

When leaving my skin alone like this I think it begins to balance out.

Okay it may not be for a long time like the OP said but for me even a week to 10 days off soap and skincare my skin is clear and nice.

I am a skincare freak and watch what I do to protect my fragile light skin and love makeup!! So in no flippin' way could I go more then 2 weeks w/o skincare and makeup! lol  Smiley Happy

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky