Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Suzanne Somers Products?

Buying her multitude of products she's put her name on over the years and driven by greed will continue, is paying the tab for her many beauty treatments- storage of her own body fat, stem cells - cosmetic procedures... all of her multi-thousand dollar anti-aging high maintenance- so she can be the hot blonde (in her own mind) well into her 90's.

Um... NO THANKS.

Super Contributor

I saw SS's plastic surgery gone bad, not too long ago...so I'm thinking her cosmetics line is gonna be more $$$$$$$ for her future procedures. And, I won't be funding it! {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Super Contributor

Wow a lot of you really seem bothered by her. I think a lot of those on TV have had work done. I really don't care one way or the other. I haven't tried her line and doubt I ever will. I definitely would not buy vitamins or supplements from her. Andrew Lessmam on HSN is a much better choice if someone wanted to try these items from a shopping channel. To me her skincare is overpriced. There are plenty of organic brands out there that are much cheaper.

Honored Contributor

On 5/28/2014 myshell624 said:

Wow a lot of you really seem bothered by her. I think a lot of those on TV have had work done. I really don't care one way or the other. I haven't tried her line and doubt I ever will. I definitely would not buy vitamins or supplements from her. Andrew Lessmam on HSN is a much better choice if someone wanted to try these items from a shopping channel. To me her skincare is overpriced. There are plenty of organic brands out there that are much cheaper.

I am. But it has zilch to do with whatever ""work"" she has had or will have done.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Hey.. it runs much deeper than that. I don't give a flip what she does cosmetically. It's her irresponsible journalism that I can't stomach.

Respected Contributor

The woman sells exercise equipment, facial gadgets, clothes, shoes, makeup, jewelry, vitamins, skincare, books, food, sweeteners, kitchen gadgets... and that covers just a portion of the goods she pawns.

Her audience is putty in her hands. Pity the ignorance. I'm not sure if she still does her Vegas gig, TV show, etc. but it's never ending brainwashing and lies the minute she opens her mouth.

She should be banned from the talk-show circuit. In some ways she has.

Super Contributor

On 5/28/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I am. But it has zilch to do with whatever "work" she has had or will have done.

I understand your point of view on her. I guess I had never really given her much thought. I do agree that it is wrong of her to push ideas that are not medically based. I know she claims she has doctors that support her ideas but I doubt they are traditional doctors. There is nothing wrong with the treatments that are available today. My son, who is a type 1 diabetic sees a juvenile diabetes doctor. M cousin, who is a little out there, once told me to try some herb. She said it had been proven to help the pancreas produce insulin and he wouldn't need insulin anymore. Of course, I gave her a piece of my mind and told her I follow the advice of his doctor. Insulin keeps my son healthy and he is living a normal life just like cancer treatments have saved many lives.

Super Contributor

I don't mind that the people who market skin care to we consumers have had plastic surgery on themselves. What gets my knickers in a knot is when these people who are giving us the hard sell to buy their skin care either say outright that they've had no work done, or they strongly infer that the unwashed masses needn't have surgery, either, that buying a skin care line will keep us young for. ----- you fill in the blank. I would so much more believe a vendor or spokesperson who said, "yes, I've had work done. But even after surgical intervention, we still have to keep our skin looking great". But the ones who won't answer a question or lies about it. sure doesn't have my respect.
Respected Contributor

Check out the reviewers comments on one of her books on Amazon when you have time to kill. It'll blow your mind to see the number of minions who are buying into her propaganda and placing her on a pedestal for saving us all. Knock-Out is one really good example.

I have to get off this subject now.

Honored Contributor

On 5/28/2014 Funloving said:

Check out the reviewers comments on one of her books on Amazon when you have time to kill. It'll blow your mind to see the number of minions who are buying into her propaganda and placing her on a pedestal for saving us all. Knock-Out is one really good example.

I have to get off this subject now.

Fun, I totally feel and share your frustration. All we can do is express our feelings and our opinions. And I will say that you've done so admirably.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland