Esteemed Contributor

HELP PLEASE with IT Foundation Shade

I need to re-order the original Celebration Foundation. My compact says Light Medium. Here on the site to re-order I can choose Light or I can choose Medium. I cannot for the life of me remember which one, when you get it, says Light Medium on the compact. I will never understand why it works that way but it does. Tried going back to my order history but can't find it. Anyone know for sure which one I need to order? Light or Medium, so that the compact says Light Medium.

Honored Contributor

Re: HELP PLEASE with IT Foundation Shade

@shaggygirl wrote:

I need to re-order the original Celebration Foundation. My compact says Light Medium. Here on the site to re-order I can choose Light or I can choose Medium. I cannot for the life of me remember which one, when you get it, says Light Medium on the compact. I will never understand why it works that way but it does. Tried going back to my order history but can't find it. Anyone know for sure which one I need to order? Light or Medium, so that the compact says Light Medium.

@shaggygirl - I would call customer service to be sure. They should be able to check your original order. I do know this. I wear Light in EVERYTHING, so I ordered Light in this when it first came out. It was way too light. I gave it to DD, and ordered Medium, which is perfect for me. Go figure. In the Celebration Foundation Illumination - I wear Light! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You want "light". If you go to the page with the original Celebration foundation and scroll to the bottom where there are questions someone asked exactly the same thing. I tried to paste it here for you but it didn't work.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank You Ladies! I appreciate your help. Found the question thus the answer. Order placed.

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@shaggygirl - I would call customer service to be sure. They should be able to check your original order. I do know this. I wear Light in EVERYTHING, so I ordered Light in this when it first came out. It was way too light. I gave it to DD, and ordered Medium, which is perfect for me. Go figure. In the Celebration Foundation Illumination - I wear Light! 

You are exactly right.  I have both the original Celebration and the Celebration Illumination, and I found the Illumination type to be much darker than the original (worked better for my tan skin anyway).  So, by my logic, you should order the medium rather than the light.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I got my order today. Ordered the Light as according to the question/answer thingy I read Light was the same as Light Medium. Nope, now the compact is a slightly different design and it only says Light on the bottom unlike the one I've had for quite awhile that says Light Medium on the bottom. Now I'm wondering should have ordered Medium. I keep telling myself it looks the same as my Light Medium one when I put them side by side but maybe I'm only telling myself that so I don't have to go to the pains of returning/exchanging. Why oh why can't they leave things alone?