Honored Contributor

I had great feedback from cosmetic snafu from Neiman.  A week ago I ordered a skin care product from a line I have used on and off for years.  I had reaction.  My face got a couple itchy welts, and burned with redness for a while.  I got some cortisone and took Benadryl and it subsided.  This was at 11 at night, so called Neiman next day to ask if I could returnl.  Told rep what happened and first thing she said, did you get medical 

attention..what happened.  I told her I was fine now but product was 150, and could not use.  She said no, do not use.  Return, and credited me right away,

next day I received call from higher up asking how I was, and asked a few questions.  She said to throw product away, and she was crediting me right away.  She asked if I would like to report incident, which of course I didn't.

I have had reaction to skin care products in the past a few times, but either it was a hassle to return or I returned it with no call back.  I know qvc will return money within 30 days, less post ages, but I have never had them show concern over any allergy, lol.

just spreading some good news.

Respected Contributor

Re: Neiman Marcus CS....wow!

It's called "shipping charges".

Most high end stores will do this. Not unusual.

Honored Contributor

Neiman Marcus is an incredible store with an incredible customer service.   I remember they had a "points" program many years ago and I had earned enough that they sent me an appreciation gift.... that gift was an "Isabella Fiore" all leather checkbook wallet!!  Had to have been around $300.... my mouth dropped open.  

Times have changed and I rarely do NM anymore (closest one is over 2 hrs away).... but I have nothing but wonderful things to say about them....   but I also have to say that the prices they ask warrants an exceptional customer service!

So happy to hear they took good care of you!! 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

Neiman Marcus is an incredible store with an incredible customer service.   I remember they had a "points" program many years ago and I had earned enough that they sent me an appreciation gift.... that gift was an "Isabella Fiore" all leather checkbook wallet!!  Had to have been around $300.... my mouth dropped open.  

Times have changed and I rarely do NM anymore (closest one is over 2 hrs away).... but I have nothing but wonderful things to say about them....   but I also have to say that the prices they ask warrants an exceptional customer service!

So happy to hear they took good care of you!! 

Shoekitty said

I miss the old Isabella Fiore so much.  I do love Neiman, and have traded buying skin care elsewhere .  I get high Mrrebates, free shipping, returns, double points, free gifts and many promotions. Since I am an Incircle member I get free gift wrap which is exquisite.  I used to prefer Nordics, but they have changed in the last year, and no longer offer rebates.

i wasn't surprised to get a refund on used skin care, as I was the fact they'd called back to tell me to throw it away and ask if I wanted to file claim

Honored Contributor

Isabella Fiore produced some berautiful (and a little different, which I loved) handbags.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I buy almost all cosmetics from them and Nordies.  Great products and selection, free shipping, great cs, and GIFTS!  NICE gifts!  Value sets. . . what's not to like?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

I buy almost all cosmetics from them and Nordies.  Great products and selection, free shipping, great cs, and GIFTS!  NICE gifts!  Value sets. . . what's not to like?

Shoekitty said

hi sooner,  I agree about gifts and gift cards and special deals.  The skin care, perfume and make up is the identical price of anywhere else.  At least that is what I have found.  But take my last order.  I received 10% back on order from Neimans with Mrrebates that was over 30 bucks, free ship on everything.  I received a free tote that was actually nice with a dozen deluxe samples.  I received double points.  I also have received gift card in the amount of 25 to 125 for my purchases.  So if I have a choice, I buy there.  Nordic is excellent but they'd quit Mrrebates.😩

ETA. I meant Nordstrom, not Nordic, lol!  This iPad will not let put the abbreviation for Nordstrom.  It insists on Nordic!!!

Honored Contributor

I had a really great experience with Saks a while back.

I wrote an email to their main office regarding the SA I dealt with.

Too bad I can't afford to shop there! lol

Honored Contributor

I bought something from them once and it had a gwp. I got the item I paid for but no GWP. I called and asked and was told it was backordered (was in stock when I bought the other item and still showed it as a GWP on their website and they SELL the GWP on their website, not out of stock). I waited and waited and a few months passed. I called and asked and told them I was told it was backordered and she said well now it is no longer available so too bad so sad for me. Like I said, the GWP is something they sell on their website and they had it in stock so don't see how it can no longer be available for those who got it as a gwp but not for those who pay money for it. Anyway, not a good experience with their CS at all for the one and only time I purchased from them. I was nice as pie too but they didn't care, basically acting like I was being ridiculous for caring about a gwp. Honestly the only reason I bought the item from them instead of another place was because of the GWP.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze

that is not excusable.  Sometimes you get a SA that is clueless.  I have had really wonderful experience with Neiman, but there was once I was fit to be tied, and I felt cheap and humiliated when I hung up.

lately I have had the worst experience with Nordies  believe it or not.  Not with the SA so much, they have tried to be helpful.  But not only have I been sent wrong orders to my home, and that of a person I sent a gift.  They did it 3 times to the person I sent a gift.  Three times.  I was on the phone yesterday on hold for 34 minutes waiting for someone to pick up.  Then explaining the whole snafu again and again.  Waiting for her to check with supervisor.  So, after 62 minutes, they are sending out (overnight) the sheet I asked for 3 times.  No freebies, no extras.  The agents were sweet, but seemed a little uninformed of store policy.  But I think 3 months ago there was a shake up there, and boy does it show.  I have been with them  for 25 years, always they went out of their way to be of assistance.  Now not so much.  As I said nice, sweet agents, just no action.