Trusted Contributor

Hello friends!  I have need for all of your helpful suggestions and opinions.

For some reason, I recently developed about a half dollar size spot of broken capillaries just to the right of my upper lip area.  They are RED!  When I went for my annual skin check, I asked my derm about them.  She told me they were nothing to worry about and clusters such as mine occur with AGE!  I'm 58!

She suggested a green concealer, saying she has patients who have had good success with it.

When I went online to educate myself about green concealer and how to apply it, I found thousands!  Loose mineral, pressed mineral, creams in tubes, creams in jars, sticks!!!

I was overwhelmed!  I use a pressed powder foundation. If you are a user of green concealer, what type would you use with a pressed powder brush on foundation?

I have fair to medium skin, which color range should I stay within? I have seen everything from dark flat green to seafoam to mint.

I appreciate your thoughts, suggestions and recommendations!

Honored Contributor

@QuinnyI'd try a cream or a lotion because as I've aged layers of powder just made me look even older than I am.  I'd pick a medium green, more seafoam than mint.

I remember using a green cream years ago -  I'd forgotten all about it.

And, good luck, youngster.  I think your derm is right - all kinds of things happened to my skin in the 25 years since I turned 50!  It's okay, although you go crazy some days!

Honored Contributor

@Quinny. Believe me, you ain't seen nothin' yet!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Green Concealer

[ Edited ]

UD has come out with colored concealers --  has a doe foot applicator for spot treatments and is available now at Ulta, online at UD and was available first at Sephora. You can then either use your foundation or the right shade of concealer and then your foundation. I sampled the green one at my local Sephora and found it very effective at hiding redness -- I tried it on my hand.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

NYX has different colored concealers that work well.  I use the purple color for my dark under eye circles and sallowness, and then I use a little BM Bareskin Concealer over that. A little goes a long  way.

Occasional Contributor

I use Becca Pistachio but I'm darker than you. For fair skin, I say try a mint green cream or doe foot. Buy it from a store that takes returns. 

Trusted Contributor

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

Physician's Formula makes a good one.  

Contributor

I used t use the Physician's Formula - you buy it at the local drugstore.  Reasonably priced.  I used one that comes in a tube like a lipstick.  The thicker formula tended to give me better coverage and stayed on better through the aplication of foundation than the thinner consistency types you apply with the doe foot sponge applicators.  Good luck.  Takes a little trial and error, like most all makeup application, but green is great salvation for folks with rosacea or broken capillaries.

Frequent Contributor
I love this! I use it everyday for redness on my cheeks and it helps so much. I use it over my primer and under my LG Balance n Brighten.
~Smile when the butterfly escapes the killing jar.~