Regular Contributor

Can anyone recommend a good glycolic face cleanser that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg? And can it be used with the Clarisonic?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Glycolic acid face cleanser

I know that Serious Skincare has a glycolic cleanser.I'm not sure of the price.  I was just on Paula's choice website and they have very good cleansers. I hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't waste money on a glycolic face cleanser. It isn't on your face long enough to do anything, so it's just going down the drain.

I researched brands, and found that Alpha skin care enhanced renewal cream 12% glycolic alpha hydroxy acid works best.

It costs about $18.00. I use it a few times a week with amazing results. 

Honored Contributor

@FLGranny   I got really great results from Serious Skin Glycolic Cleanser.  It's $30 for a 12 oz bottle and lasts a long time,  I use it with my Foreo Luna so I don't see why you couldn't use it with a Clarisonic.  Once a week I leave it on my skin for about 5 minutes.  My skin feels and looks really smooth.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Serious Skin Care, Signature Club A and the ilne Danny Seo is selling now on SHQ by InstaNaturals. My advice is to look on ebay and/or Amazon for some good deals, just do a search. 

Valued Contributor

I like Mario Badescu Enzyme cleansing gel. It leaves your face really smooth but it does have a strong fragrance if that matters to you. They have 25% off for new customers on their website. $14 for 8oz or 26 for 16oz. 

Regular Contributor

Great advice from all of you! Thank you all so much. I think I know which one I’ll give a try. 

Respected Contributor

I love Peter thomas roth Glycolic cleanser, blue bottle.  I have normal skin, some large pores that can get clogged. This is the only Glycolic cleanser that doesn't dry out my skin, and yet leaves it thoroughly clean removing all makeup, and even eye makeup without burning,  (although I prefer Almay eye makeup remover pads), but good enough if I want to skip that step.  I buy mine from La La Daisy or Walmart online for just around $20.  Lasts a long time, very little is needed.   Leaves my skin bright, and luminous,  but does not fade any sun spots.

Respected Contributor

I second the instanaturals glycolic cleanser.  I really like that one.  

Honored Contributor

@FLGranny wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good glycolic face cleanser that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg? And can it be used with the Clarisonic?

@FLGranny   When you find one, please don't use it with your Clarisonic. The cleanser is irritating enough without further exfoliation from the brush. When my skin needs it, after cleansing,  I use a alcohol free toner with fruit acids on a cotton pad. It cleans the pores and doesn't strip the top layer of skin leaving it vulnerable.