Super Contributor

Frownies users - how do you use these at night and still use your skin care?

I bought these and am reading the threads here that I can find. I'm wondering how to fit these into my routine.

How do you use these overnight, and still treat your skin with your products? What is your routine with Frownies and skin care?

Honored Contributor

Re: Frownies users - how do you use these at night and still use your skin care?

My girl friend and I bought a huge pack of them once to share and try out. Neither of us liked them. We had a hard time getting them to stay on. If there is a secret to using them, I would like to know. We followed directions! I am 66, she is 54. I think they might work better when used from a younger age. IDK. We were just frownie failures. Both of us tried them in the 11, and crow feet area.

Valued Contributor

Re: Frownies users - how do you use these at night and still use your skin care?

On 11/29/2014 shoekitty said:

My girl friend and I bought a huge pack of them once to share and try out. Neither of us liked them. We had a hard time getting them to stay on. If there is a secret to using them, I would like to know. We followed directions! I am 66, she is 54. I think they might work better when used from a younger age. IDK. We were just frownie failures. Both of us tried them in the 11, and crow feet area.

Yes, I bought this too from the Vermont Country store on a whim. Couldn't get them to stay on and eventually threw them out.

Super Contributor

I had the same problem with using skin care, and then not being able to keep the Frownies on. So, on nights when I wear the Frownies, I use just a light serum, no heavy creams. I also wear them during the day if I am at home alone.

Super Contributor

Try surgical tape instead. You don't need the product stuff that's in the Frownies, and the surgical tape should adhere over your own skincare and remove easily. I read that suggestion years ago (when I wish I would have done that -- OR gotten the Frownies!)

Good luck!

ETA: I'd use the Frownies (or surgical tape) over my regular skin care. I use those specific products for a reason, the Frownies would just be extra good stuff. I was assuming they weren't sticking and just went back and read your OP again.

Frequent Contributor

I actually use a TINY bit of matrixyl or acetyl hexapeptide from Isomers and let it sit for a second on the frownie till tacky then place on lines for extra boost.......I have also used vodkaSmiley HappySmiley Happy

ambersmom