Trusted Contributor

Former Oily Skin Gals--Are you Dry Now?

I had the oiliest skin in my twenties. Just turned thirty and I am finding that my EltaMD UV Physical 41 is not cutting it for me. My skin is getting drier!

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Former Oily Skin Gals--Are you Dry Now?

Been oily all my life, and I'm in my 60's now!

Honored Contributor

I was always oily and started getting dry in my 40s. Like you, products that were enough before are now lacking and I need actual moisturizers. I am still oily in the summer, but much less so than before.

Esteemed Contributor

Still oily!

Contributor

Boy was I an oil slick in my teens and twenties and early thirties but turning 40 in a few days I am drier.  I do still get oily in tzone but pretty much my face is dry. Very dry eyes, lips and hands.  It too me so long to get used to using skincare for dry skin, still learning. 

Valued Contributor

Oily when young, drier now, especially in the winter. Josie Maran's Argan oil mimics the feel of my younger skin.  Won't be without it.

Trusted Contributor

Like others, my skin remained oily in my 30s and began to get drier in my 40s.  I still get oily around my chin/nose and forehead but I also get dry flakey skin.  The best of both worlds lol.  

Honored Contributor

Everything's dried out now. Smiley Wink

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I am oily and in my mid 30s, but now it seems this winter, a mild winter at that in south Georgia, I'm having dry patches under my eyes and on my checks. I do have eczema on my face, but this is not that same dryness. I actually use a moisturizer at night now, but only at night when my skin breathes the most so it is absorbed better.
Esteemed Contributor

I have had oily skin since I was a teen but probably around menopause I notice that my skin got drier. I am still prone to breakouts though on my chin area especially...grrr.