Honored Contributor

For your color eyes, what color eye shadow do you like?

Have brown eyes here, dark, and I like a lavendar.  Wear some blue, light, some light green and that's about it.

Do you match eyeshadow to outfit?

Honored Contributor

Re: For your color eyes, what color eye shadow do you like?

I do not wear es. I think matching it to your outfit is kind of '70's.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have olive green color eyes.  I like to use shades of plum, smokey gray or green/brown.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Valued Contributor

I have green eyes and always wear colors that compliment them no matter what I wear. My favs are shades of purple or bronze.
Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I do not wear es. I think matching it to your outfit is kind of '70's.

Well im not going to wear rust and sand colored eyeshadows,  and bronze lipstick if i have a fushia blouse on so i dont know why coordinating within tone is " kind of 70's". 

To answer the original question. I use eyeshadow that go with hair, eyes and complextion and use tones that are in the same family as the the prominate colors of my outfit.Warm colors with warm tine fabric, cool tones with cool tone fabrics.

Respected Contributor

Green eyes here, I wear only shades in the brown family. My old eyelids are becoming hidden so I only wear eyeshadow usually to set my eyeliner.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal I also have dark brown eyes...I like mauve-y shades but, honestly, I can wear pretty much any color. I mostly stick with the mauves or "neutral" shades, though.

I don't try to match my e/s to my wardrobe for the day. I don't wear blue eyeshadow just because I'm wear blue clothing, for example.

Respected Contributor

I don't wear eyeshadow to match my outfit. I have dark brown eyes and wear a light neutral or pink to brighten and cover discoloration. One shade of eyeshadow and I'm done.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal   Unless a huge occasion where matching or not clashing shadow with a dress, I try to keep my shadow colors looking good with my eye color and complexion, not my outfit. 

I have green eyes (army green) and fair skin. Skin tone, depth of complexion and eye color, hair color...it all goes into the equation of what shadow to wear. 

When I my hair was dark instead of silver, I wore lavendars, too, but now stay with cool neutrals. I get ready BEFORE getting dressed which also matters. I have neutral palettes and neutral shadow sticks that would go with any outfit I may choose. I like navy or charcoal liner and there are many cool toned palettes in my collection. 

Brown eyes can usually handle any shade of shadow...just use a lighter hand if you're older. You don't want any of your makeup to jump out of a feature you're enhancing.

You can either play up your brown eyes and go easy on your lip shade or reverse it if you like a brighter lip. IMHO, I always like a natural look that doesn't enter the room before I do. I want people to say "You look pretty or nice" not "I love your makeup".

***Apologies for the too long reply, Lol.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal I love eyeshadow. It's my favorite thing.

I have hazel/green eyes.

Colors with a touch of red look best on me. So I like to line with purples & browns that lean more reddish.

Teal liners look pretty on my eyes, too.

Most of the time I just use one of the eyeshadow sticks that I have collected. 

Something soft with a little shimmer. It makes my old eyes look fresh & awake. A pearl, pink, champagne.

If I am doing an actual "look" I like to use soft yellow/golds, creamy pinks...a soft brown above the crease & a pop of a Mac Trax (Disc) on the outer crease.

Makeup is fun for me.