Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

One of the bloggers recommended the primer in a tube from Milani.  It is now my very favorite!  I can't believe I wasted all that money. 

@NJgirl 1205

I admit the reviews are all stellar but I had a horrible experience with it!

half way through the day (I'm out and about) and I pass a mirror to see my eye make up ALL sliding down my face! After I read my husband the riot act (for not saying anything 'but I didn't notice!') I returned it to the store I purchased it in.

Could have been a bad/old batch but I don't think I'll be risking it again with all the other options available.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had very good luck with It Cosmetics BBUE waterproof concealer as a shadow base. The tiniest amount covers any lid discoloration and the shadow colors remain true without creasing. Long lasting, 12+ hours until washed off, for me. You can buy a small sample size at Ulta or the It site. It'll last forever and of course has a dual purpose application. 

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

One of the bloggers recommended the primer in a tube from Milani.  It is now my very favorite!  I can't believe I wasted all that money. 

@NJgirl 1205

I admit the reviews are all stellar but I had a horrible experience with it!

half way through the day (I'm out and about) and I pass a mirror to see my eye make up ALL sliding down my face! After I read my husband the riot act (for not saying anything 'but I didn't notice!') I returned it to the store I purchased it in.

Could have been a bad/old batch but I don't think I'll be risking it again with all the other options available.

Sorry you had a bad experience.  I am happy to be one who agrees with all the stellar reviews.  One of my few holly grail items and dirt cheap too.  Love it!  Glad my search is over.  Hope you find something that works for you.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to always use UDPP and then I tried ELF. I honestly like that just as much as I do UDPP and it is MUCH cheaper. Honestly I could just wear my all over face primer but since it is so cheap, I use that the days I don't wear primer.

If I am not wearing face primer, which I don't always wear everyday then I use  a separate eye primer but if I am wearing primer, I put that on my eyelids so I don't wear a separate one as there isn't a need for a primer just for the lids.

Over the years, I have tried about every primer on the market, and my two favorites are Flower (brand my Drew Barrymore) In Your Prime Perfecting Primer and Monistat Anti Chafing Gel. They work best for my skin and both are good prices. I refuse to pay $30-$40 bucks for a primer. I will pay that for foundation but not a primer.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK