Contributor

Those of you who wear eyelashes everyday...do you leave them on overnight into the next day? And how many nights/days do you wear one pair? Or do you put on a new pair each day and take them off each night?

I read that it is bad for your own eyelashes and that they fall ot...

I would like to wear them but do not know what is best to do.

Esteemed Contributor
Though a bit costly, I went to eyelash extensions. When I did wear them, I never left them on all night. I changed them daily when I applied new makeup. The glue causes drying and there is a conditioner used on the eye lids specifically for that purpose. I still use it because the glue used for extensions causes dryness. The other reason I would never leave them on overnight would be relative to cleaning my eyelid and removing makeup and glue residue which could cause irritation or infection.
Honored Contributor

I wear false lashes a couple of times a year for special events. I don't wear them often as they are so damaging to one's real lashes.

Even if I'm careful taking them off, I notice lashes can fall out. I wore them once for about a week, and my lashes thinned. Now, I only wear them on rare occasion. Whispies, I think are the ones I use. I bought at Walmart.

I would never leave on overnight.

I think I wore them, the last time, around the holidays.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Regular Contributor

Ive worn lashes everyday for 49 yrs. I still have a very good set of real lashes just not as thick as I would like....No! wearing the lashes did not make the lashes sparse or weak. The Mascara was a whole different story..My eye Dr. who Ive used nearly as long as I worn lashes has agreed that mascara and all the junk in it to make the lashes thicker etc was far worse than the eyelash glue or false lashes.......Do not sleep in your lashes remove and place on the form they came on until you use them again.....Lashes are so cheap that you can replace them often... I replace mine after several wearings. By changing the lashes often and cleaning the eye lids really well I never had infections or other problems....Enjoy your lashes and try different styles.......

Valued Contributor

I love the look but I just can't apply them well.

Esteemed Contributor

I gave them a go and found them difficult to apply, hard to get used to on eyelid. Much too bothersome. I've got enough eyelashes to make do with mascara.

Regular Contributor

Remember when you were learning to apply makeup for the first time or rolling your hair.It was difficult and hard You made afew mistakes and the more you did each of these things the better you became.Eyelashes are exactly the same.practice,practice and more practice....you will ruin several pair before you learn how to apply them. Just never give up.......

Contributor

Thanks for all the good information!