Valued Contributor

I like Laura Mercier. 

Honored Contributor

I like a primer wiith an SPF.  Some I use though do not have it.  Means I have to remember to use sunscreen then.

Honored Contributor

@TVLand 

I'm a primer junkie...I've tried many & my latest favorite is Josie's Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm...I'm not kidding!  I was shocked when I first tried it because I really thought it would be too greasy since it's based on Argan oil.  Boy was I wrong!  It is the bes primer on my dry skin.  My make-up looks flawless & airbrushed from dawn to bedtime.  Prior to that I was using Tatcha's but it doesn't perform as well as Josie's; it makes my skin feel dryer.  I've also used Paul's Choice, Smashbox, Benefit (another very good one!) & many others that I can't think of off the top of my head.  I hope you find this helpful. Aloha!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

I use Tatcha primer. I really like it. I have tried other brands but this is my favorite.

Honored Contributor

Re: Face Primer

[ Edited ]

I did something this evening I've never done.  I wore my primer and no foundation.  Wow!  I'll be doing that more often.  I have a fairly nice complexion anyway but the primer made it look even better.  And I can't believe I'm about to say this, but maybe even better than with foundation (after several hours).  There was nothing on my face to settle into fine lines.  I did have under eye concealer on and put it on before the primer completely dried.  That made my IT Bye Bye Undereye concealer go on even better (vs over foundation)!  It was a win-win makeup look tonight (eyelashes, brow pencil, swipe of blush, purple eye liner and lipgloss).  Took longer to write this than to put it on.  Face still looked great when we got home.

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Shanus  turned me on to a Bobbi Brown moisturizer with primer.  I have very dry, sensitive skin and the BB has been fabulous.  I've no reaction to it, it doesn't ball up when applying my liquid foundation, and I really like how it performs.  Hope this helps.

@Misplaced Parisian 

Can you tell me what Bobbi Brown primer this is?  Is it fragrance free?  I am looking for a primer which has some moisturizer, will not clog pores and has no fragrance.  Thank you! 

@AngelPuppy1  It's called Vitamin Enriched Face Base.  There is a scent to it, but I don't believe "fragarance" has been added.  I think the scent is due to the citrus oil in it.  Scent lasts a few seconds, if that.  I've been using it for a while now and have not had a reaction (my skin is hyper sensi) and no clogged pores.  Hope this helps.

@Misplaced Parisian 

Thank you for replying.  I read citirus oil in it and I think I better steer clear of this! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I have tried a face primer through the years but never used one consistently.  I recently purchased a Lancer travel kit along with their sunscreen.  I find that the sunscreen provides a nice smooth, blurred surface and I am really liking it.  I have a Charlotte Tilbury primer  which I tried a few times but I think I might try it again and see how it works.

Valued Contributor

I tried many primers.Dennis said that his Tweak face cream creates a barrier to protect us against the chemicals contained in cosmetics.

I like Tatcha and Thrive primers.I try to purchase botanical companies.

Respected Contributor

I'm very oily. I recently discovered Laura Gellers Matte Spackle. I'm really pleased with it. Blurs pores very well along with keeping me matte longer. Best of all, is doesn't break me out. For our humid summers, Becca's matte primer cannot be beat. But, it's only for those very oily, otherwise it will dry you out.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

e.l.f. Poreless Putty Primer ($8 !) is everything I ever wanted in a primer and more. It is very hydrating (contains squalane) and I sometimes I put it on just to keep my face moisturized...I love it so much! You can also use it as an eyeshadow primer. It gives my face a nice satin finish,  my makeup stays fresh looking all day and doesn't move or change colors.  It has been compared to Tatcha's $50 Silk Canvas Balm. 

ETA - There are also two newer Putty primers...a Matte and also a Luminous. I have not tried either.

I have the original Poreless Putty Primer but it was too hydrating for my oily t zone.  I just got the matte version and like it a lot.  I will try using the original one as an eye primer.  That's a great idea!