Respected Contributor

Re: Expensive Makeup Brushes

Drives me bat-crazy to have even one fallen hair come out from a Cosmetic brush when in use. 

Also drives me bat crazy to have a Cosmetic brush that has bristle ends that are too "ratty," or disheveld,  or are "too tightly cinched all the way down the bristle ends."

I guess I'm kinda easily driven crazy  (at least abt Cosmetic brushes) heh

(BTW, I just as driven crazy, picky, abt my kitchen knives heh)

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@lkat 

I remember Mel really liked Rephr and I think Wayne's brushes??  I wasn't even in the market for new brushes when @JudyL mentioned their sale.  If I buy more, I'd like to look into BK Beauty.  Thanks for reminding me Smiley Happy

@monicakm - BK Beauty brushes are nice.  Have a few as well as the Angie set.  So far I"ve liked the Sigma brushes that I bought.

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

I've never had a brush shed.  OK, does this bother your brush sensitivities?  Maybe I should have included a trigger warning lol

20221230_164354.jpg

Respected Contributor

@monicakm 

HA!  Nope!   Different strokes, for different folks.  Woman Happy

I dont expect others to share in my OCD quirks heh.

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

That nasty, huh?  Well, in my defense they haven't been washed in a couple of years Smiley Surprised  

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  Omg i wouldn't know what to do with all those brushes!  I have ONE brush. For my blush and I just keep washing and re-using it.  I think its a bare minerals brush that came with a blush years and years ago...works on my Elf blush just fine.  

Different strokes!

Respected Contributor

My favorite makeup brushes are Bare Escentuals and IT Cosmetics brushes.  Seems like I have tried so many different brands.  Sigma is nice, but I prefer BE and IT.  

Honored Contributor

I have a set I bought from Avon long time ago.  I use them everyday - wash then whenever I think of it.

Never had any issues with any of the "hair" coming out.

I do like the way the brush application looks vs. the sponge.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I have a set I bought from Avon long time ago.  I use them everyday - wash then whenever I think of it.

Never had any issues with any of the "hair" coming out.

I do like the way the brush application looks vs. the sponge.

~~~~~~~~

@ALRATIBA 

I dont know if they still do, but Avon had some INCREDIBLE brushes, at least in the past, IMHO.  I'm sure some of my brushes are from Avon too.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm Mel loved Wayne's and Rephr's brushes Woman Very Happy  I bought Wayne's brushes because I have been a fan of his for years, but the first time I heard about Rephr was when they first started and Mel mentioned them.  I really like their business model.  They offer some brushes for a big discount in their concept store and just ask for honest feedback.  They seem to listen to what people are asking for and I really like all the brushes I've bought.  I also LOVE their eyelash curler.  It's the only one I've used that never pinches or causes weird creases in my eyelashes.