Respected Contributor

Eureka! Styling Creme Breakthrough!

I've used Styling Creme since I started with WEN, and in the following ways:

1. After leave-in on soaking wet hair--OK.

2. Mixed with leave-in on soaking wet hair--better.

3. Mixed with RTM on hair that has been wrapped in a microfiber towel for about 2 minutes--worked as well as #2.

4. Heard Chaz this weekend say to mix it with RTM & leave-in, and apply to soaking wet hair. Tried this and SHAZAM!!!!!!! I have real WEN hair finally!

Mixing with RTM and leave-in, and applying to soaking wet hair was the game-changer for me. I've even been able to skip the glossing serum, which I was using on dry hair.

Just thought this might help someone else. I learn something every time I watch a WEN show!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eureka! Styling Creme Breakthrough!

Oh, wow, vermint, thanks for sharing! I've been trying to get the SC to work for me, too.

How much of each did you use?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

You're welcome! Love sharing WEN tips!

My hair is chin-length, slightly wavy, and fairly thick. I use just a tiny amount of CC as leave-in, maybe pea-sized? I water it down by about 2/3 in the bottle, so hard to tell. Add 1 pump of SC and 8-9 spritzes of RTM, then rub my hands together to mix.

I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, at what a difference this made for me!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

My hair has been getting better & better since using WEN, but I thought my remaining "shampoo hair" was the reason for it not being quite as smooth as I wanted. Nope! I still have some 'poo hair, but you'd never know it now!

Respected Contributor

On 11/21/2014 vermint said:

My hair is chin-length, slightly wavy, and fairly thick. I use just a tiny amount of CC as leave-in, maybe pea-sized? I water it down by about 2/3 in the bottle, so hard to tell. Add 1 pump of SC and 8-9 spritzes of RTM, then rub my hands together to mix.

I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, at what a difference this made for me!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

My hair has been getting better & better since using WEN, but I thought my remaining "shampoo hair" was the reason for it not being quite as smooth as I wanted. Nope! I still have some 'poo hair, but you'd never know it now!

So you water down the RTM in a separate bottle, just making sure, sounds like a "try me" I will need to do...Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

So you water down the RTM in a separate bottle, just making sure, sounds like a "try me" I will need to do...Smiley Happy

I water down the CC, not the RTM, sorry if that's confusing.

Respected Contributor

I water down the CC, not the RTM, sorry if that's confusing.

Ok was making sure, fun to try new idea's you all share!..

Honored Contributor

Oh wow, I thought he mixed the Volumizing Treatment Spray with the leave-in or styling cream, not the Replenishing Treatment Mist. I still have a bottle of styling cream, so I'll give it another try.

Respected Contributor

On 11/21/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Oh wow, I thought he mixed the Volumizing Treatment Spray with the leave-in or styling cream, not the Replenishing Treatment Mist. I still have a bottle of styling cream, so I'll give it another try.

You could try the VTS, I suppose! No wrong way to "mix it up". I like the VTS strictly as a finishing spray on dry, styled hair, though.

Hope mixing with the RTM works for you, too! It's just strange to me how it works better on soaking wet hair, it absorbs so much quicker/easier.

Honored Contributor

I've used ALL my products on soaking wet hair for years based on recommendations for curly girl websites. It does make a difference. I also blot dry with a cotton t-shirt instead of a towel and that cuts down on frizz, too.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Wen AHA moments!!!!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.