Occasional Contributor

Dry skin ? found a great moisturizer ......

Last Saturday I was watching a beauty program on Fox (Carol Alt) she had a guest on talking about dry skin. She said to use "Coconut Oil " on arms . legs. body...I bought a jar in Shop Rite, the lest expensive one. I have to say after trying all other products, some expensive, I love this ..Goes on a little oily but goes into the skin right away and I love the results. Hope you like it if you try it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dry skin ? found a great moisturizer ......

I've been using organic coconut oil (in a jar) for a couple of years. I really like it and it feels wonderful on the skin.

Contributor

Can it be used for dry patches on the face. Last winter I was so dry and nothing seemed to work. Argon Oil was nice, but broke me out a bit.

Respected Contributor

Where have you been vjd? lol! Put coconut oil in the search box upper left and you will be overwhelmed with threads on this subject!! I have my jar, my feet like it too!

I saw Carol's show Sat., it was a good one this week, I liked Carmendy's info on products we have at home. And who knew eating strawberries will whiten your teeth. Smile

Super Contributor

I got milia on my eyelid from using coconut oil. Makes me sad, because I loved it. Still use it, just not on my face.

Honored Contributor

It is rated fairly high on the comedogenic scale, so for those concerned about clogged pores, it might not be the best option for the face.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Occasional Contributor

On 8/7/2014 SeaGal said:

Where have you been vjd? lol! Put coconut oil in the search box upper left and you will be overwhelmed with threads on this subject!! I have my jar, my feet like it too!

I saw Carol's show Sat., it was a good one this week, I liked Carmendy's info on products we have at home. And who knew eating strawberries will whiten your teeth. Smile

LOL haven't been on here in a long time Sea Gal, Came on to share about Coconut Oil and seen a lot of things I didn't know about.. Been shopping with QVC since the beginning but eased up a little.

Jennmarie & SuzyQ3 not sure about the face I have been using just a little on face

.Sunshine Kate & Kind1too Love the beading on skin when in the shower, feel the oil is really getting into the skin..

Respected Contributor

vjd Smile I really like it on my legs and feet, I wish I had known about this little jewel years ago. Good stuff...

Super Contributor

I use it for oil pulling.
Respected Contributor

I love it for a body moisturizer, and smells yummy when I open the jar (: