Honored Contributor

Yes buford, I agree with what you said. I will get it done in about 2 months or so, then again maybe in 3 weeks.

I think it is worth the money. It makes you look thinner but that's not why I like it. I like it because I think you look healthier without the sun.

Honored Contributor

hulagirl, I didn't pay for it because my daughter did it (she used the other girl's equipment).

Most celebrities get it done right in their house.

Here's a tip. Make sure that the person who does it covers up your feet. It will fall downward when they do your arms and upper half.

If they don't start to cover your feet, find someone else, they don't know what they are doing.

Just call some of the reliable name brand salons near you.

Respected Contributor

The salon that I go to started spray tans about 2 years ago. They have experimented with many different brands but finally started using one that is very hydrating. I don't spray tan in the Winter but will start again when Summer comes. I have been very pleased with my color. It lasts for about 5 days. The brand that they are using now fades evenly which is nice.

Contributor

I am a spray tan junkie. I am fair and don't tan so I rely heavily on sprays to give me color. I also frequently use tanning creams, lotions, towels etc.

I've tried many machines, Versa is my favorite for a machine. Preferable the one that dries warm air in between each spray.

My favorite spray though is from an actual person spraying you. I have a girl that I go to regularly. Its $90 for 4 sprays. The color to me is realistic, but not in the winter...its very dark. I only spray tan in the spring/summer. I prefer tan towels in the winter to give me some color. But back to the spray. My girl is very good and wipes my hands and feet afterwards with some type of polishing cloth. This helps reduce the amount of overspray so your feet and hands don't turn orange. She also uses Clorox wipes of all things on my toes and nails afterwards to get the overspray off too.

OVerall, I recommend them. Try it once just to see. I recommend showering prior and using exfoliation. Then if you can just put on loose clothes and go home and chill. My girl actually comes to my house so I do it in the evening after work.

As far as wear. The first 3-4 days is great. Day 5-8 it can start to fade/turn a little, but if you moisturize it helps big time. I admit, I'm not the best when it comes to moisturizing. On day 4, I usually use a tan towel to give my color a boost.

Good luck!