Valued Contributor

Am wondering if anyone can recommend a good eppilator? I bought the pop sonic cheap clearance one Shawn was selling a while ago to try it. It is okay but my hair is fine and the cheap one tends to make little cuts in my skin. But now I know I want to keep using this type of device but a better quality one. TIA!

Detachment isn't the absence of love but the ability to take care of yourself in the midst of someone else's choices.
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you use an eppilator?

Eppilators hurt too much; I won't use one.  I pitched mine out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I tried, but I couldn’t stand it. I bought an IPL Hand held device about 6 months ago, and it’s one of the best purchases I’ve made.  

Valued Contributor

What is an IPL device?

Detachment isn't the absence of love but the ability to take care of yourself in the midst of someone else's choices.
Super Contributor

@GrowingYes...I use it everyday. I bought an Emjoi Epislim years ago from QVC (not sure if they still carry it?) & still love it. It doesn't hurt too much & is small & battery operated. I only use it on my face...upper lip, chin & cheecks...it really get rid of all the peach fuzz & new hair is super thin. Highly Reccomend!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use one on occasion.  Don't have much hair anymore, so don't need to very often.  Mostly use it on my underarms and can barely feel it now.  It never was overly painful even in the beginning although I would not use it for sensitive areas.  

IPL is a pulsed laser device.  I can't use that at my age becasue my hair is all gray.  

ETA:  Forgot to say, I use an Emjoi.

Esteemed Contributor

It hurts just thinking about one. I did try it but must have a low tolerance for pain. Tossed it.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I do use one.  Went to look and it seems an older model of the Emjoi 60 disk.

I like the wider head that rotates both ways.

It has been so long, I don't remember much about the initial pain.  It is fine now.  The longer you use it the less often you have to do it.

Would not be without it.

Respected Contributor

@Growing wrote:

What is an IPL device?

797AA261-B929-42F0-A3FF-33031392E580.jpeg

I found this explanation on Harpers Bazaar. The key to this is consistency. It’s not a use it 2-3 times and voila, no more hair. For the first 5 months I used it every week, faithfully. I now do it twice monthly. I am very pleased with my results. 

Honored Contributor

I use an Emjoi that I bought from QVC - probably close to 15 years ago.  Still works fine