Super Contributor

Re: Do you use an eppilator?

I used to use a Emjoi Erase epilator, but it would break off my hairs and leave me with bumps on my face.  I bought a corded Braun Silk Epil 5 epilator and I've been happy with it.   No more bumps.  I use it once a week.  I find that if I use it regularly, it doesn't hurt as much because not too many hairs have regrown.  

Trusted Contributor

I have used Emoji Emagine for many years.  Doesn't hurt me at all now.

Respected Contributor

Hi @Growing 

Yes I have, it's best for me when used right after a hot shower. Or it hurts and breaks my sensitive skin out in hives.

I use it on my face, legs and underarms.

No hair regrowth for weeks, and it's finer every time.

And yes - it isn't pleasant BUT it works great.

Emjoi Emagine Epilator - Dual Opposed 72 Tweezer Head Epilator

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan What brand is your IPL?  Thanks!

I use an epilator on my legs and underarms.  It is far better than shaving!  SO I'd like to try the IPL.  

Valued Contributor

I love mine. Mine is the plug in model. I think mine is probably 5 years old. I use it on my chin, upper lip and arms. Yes it still hurts a little but I don't car. My mom always said "beauty must suffer".  Have a great safe and healthy day!

Honored Contributor

I used the original Epilady Coil epilator back in the '80s until I had my hair lasered away. That Epilady worked better than anything else...better than the modern epilators used today. Hurt like the dickens though...nothing's changed about that part.

Just so you know there are IPL devices made with a combined RF (radio frequency) component which make them capable to treat all colors of hair and skin color (dark skin included). I own one of those and have maintained hair-free areas since having the laser removal...it keeps newly sprouted hairs treated and gone. My device is made by Me Chic.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@wvumountiefan What brand is your IPL?  Thanks!

I use an epilator on my legs and underarms.  It is far better than shaving!  SO I'd like to try the IPL.  

@Sooner   I bought mine from The Happy Skin Co. They have a sale going on right now. Like I said, consistency is key. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I used the original Epilady Coil epilator back in the '80s until I had my hair lasered away. That Epilady worked better than anything else...better than the modern epilators used today. Hurt like the dickens though...nothing's changed about that part.

Just so you know there are IPL devices made with a combined RF (radio frequency) component which make them capable to treat all colors of hair and skin color (dark skin included). I own one of those and have maintained hair-free areas since having the laser removal...it keeps newly sprouted hairs treated and gone. My device is made by Me Chic.

@SilleeMee   Welcome back! Oh how I’ve missed your advice and posts! 😊❤️

Honored Contributor

Thank you! @wvumountiefan  I'm glad to be back. I missed everyone! I was having problems typing on my keyboard...my fingers went completely numb for weeks and then they got tingly. It hurt to touch things. That is getting better now. I also have lost my voice. It's like I have a very bad case of laryngitis...yuck. I hope that goes away. 

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan Thanks again!  I just ordered an IPL from Costco.  It was a great price, and Costco has a good return policy, so I'll start there!