Respected Contributor

Do you use Biore facial strips?

If so how often do you use them? I bought the multi pack the last time I was at ulta. I feel like especially around my nose that these strips can really clean my pores. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you use Biore facial strips?

they are GREAT, arent they? they are the only thing that i have found that really clean deep into the pores.

i learned about them from my daughters and they really do work well.

at first i was buying the BIORE brand, but now i started buying the walgreens brand....they are less expensive. i buy the box that has the nose strips and the forehead strips.

i use them once a week.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I've never tried this but I read that you can put Elmer's Glue on the area. Wait for it to dry then peel off the dried glue and remove the blackheads. 

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan

Use them with caution.

http://www.marieclaire.com/beauty/news/a21108/pore-strips-dangers/

I find that oil cleansing works better on getting rid of the gunk long term.  

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono  Thank you for that article! I only use them about once a month, and sometimes not that. Before reading that article I told myself using them more than that was kinda wasteful I thought because of the results. 

What cleansing oil do you use if you don't mind my asking?

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan

I make my own- a blend of olive and castor.  Easy, inexpensive, and I can mix it as I need it.  My skin runs dry and sensitive, so I try to be kind to it.

When I'm lazy I cleanse with L'Occitane shea butter soap.

Image result for l'occitane shea soap

Esteemed Contributor

@wvumountiefan

To avoid peeling off any skin with your strip, just leave the strip on longer.  I like to leave it on for an hour.  By that time, my pores have produced enough oil to prevent the strip from ripping any skin off...and the blackheads come out more easily too (ie--there are more of them on the strip).

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org