Trusted Contributor

Do you have dry skin? You need glycerin in your life....

[ Edited ]

I've been using hyaluronic acid forever because it's supposed to add so much moisture, etc but I've never found that to be the case and have never really been happy with it so I started researching it a little and found this dermatologist and her videos. I really like her.

"Let's Get Intimate: Glycerin | Dr. Shereene Idriss and

"Let's Get Intimate: Hyaluronic Acid | Dr. Shereene Idriss"

So, after watching these videos I’ve been mixing my regular facial moisturizer (right now I’m using  Cerave PM and Eucerine Q10 cream) with vegetable glycerin and I’m flabbergasted by how much more moisturized I am (been doing for a month now). My natural moisture barrier feels so much more protected so if you’re needing extra moisture give this a try, if it can help my naturally very dry skin it can help anyone. I tell you I’m a convert!

Amazon.com: NOW Solutions, Vegetable Glycerin, 100% Pure, Versatile Skin  Care, Softening and Moisturizing, 4-Ounce : Beauty & Personal Care

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have dry skin....

@GingerHead   I want to thank you for this enlightening post.  I have always avoided glycerin in products (especially supplements) as I mistakenly thought all glycerin was animal based (often supplements will say bovine sourced capsules).  I just did some research based on your post and found the following:

vegans will want to look for products that use vegetable glycerin. And luckily, this isn't super difficult, considering vegetable glycerin is the most commonly used form, because it can be responsibly produced from natural sources.

This changes how I think about glycerin.  Looking forward to purchasing the Now product.  Thanks😘

Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you have dry skin? You need glycerin in your life....

@GingerHead I regularly use those two moisturizers so I will pick up this Now glycerin (I have a health food store nearby that carries a large assortment of Now oils and products) and try it out especially for the winter months coming up! Every little bit of hydration helps with the dry cold air we get here in Illinois! Just curious what cleanser and/makeup remover do you use? Thanks & take care!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd  Oh, that makes me so happy.  I'm still researching vegetarianism based on your past very helpful posts so I'm very happy to help you a little in return!

Please do try the glycerin, it's cheap and amazing and you must watch those videos on Youtube. Woman Happy

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Applecakes Yes, I agree every bit of hydration does help and I really am shocked how well this works for me.

As far as cleanser, I use Miscellar water because of 

@SilliMee 's  (dang it I aways get her name wrong, sorry SilliMee) will look up and correct) and then if I need more a mild moisturizing milk cleanser.

Reminds me I need to thank SilliMee for the micellar water suggestion months ago....I've been using it and loving it.

Well, I tried to look it up but I can't get your name to pop up right (lordy what is my problem?haha) @SilliMee 

Anyway, if you see this Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@GingerHead 🌹

Trusted Contributor

@Applecakes 

My above post to you was a little muddled, haha.

Specifically, right now I'm using Bioderma Micellar water and if I feel I need a little more I'm using La Roche-Posay Hydrating gentle cleanser. I've also used and liked Garnier Micellar and Olay or Cerave cream cleansers.

The Micellar is usually enough and it's great for us dry skinned gals and dosen't overly strip like oil cleansers, etc can.

Frequent Contributor

@GingerHead thank you!! Nice and simple- I love it 😊.
Honored Contributor

@GingerHead  - I have put this on my wishlist on Amazon to include with my next order.  

Trusted Contributor

Good to know. I thought glycerin was plant based too. I avoid use of animals inmy beauty products- there just no need to use and exploit them when other alternatives exist. 

"I mistakenly thought all glycerin was animal based (often supplements will say bovine sourced capsules).  I just did some research based on your post and found the following:

vegans will want to look for products that use vegetable glycerin. And luckily, this isn't super difficult, considering vegetable glycerin is the most commonly used form, because it can be responsibly produced from natural sources."