Honored Contributor

Re: So it would probably be more efficient to apply the 5% pr...

@Sooner wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@SilleeMee I should know the answer to this one Woman Embarassed but I don't:

If I am using a product that is say 5%, and I mix it with other products and apply, does that decrease in effect the percentage of the 5% product and make it less effective?

Thank you.  I keep going back and forth on what I think the answer is.  

@Sooner 

Using the full dose amount of a 5% active ingredient added to a moisturizer, for instance, will slow the effects down of that 5% active ingredient but it won't decrease the efficacy. This is different than using half and half where you use only half of the active ingredient and add an equal amount of moisturizer. Does that make sense?

@SilleeMee So it would probably be more efficient to apply the 5% product, let that set, then apply the next layer.  Right?  

@Sooner 

Either way is going to do the same thing. It just slows the effect down over time. Think of it as a slow-release formulation. Efficacy is not changed but just how it's delivered.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

Analogy...

If you run from point A to point B it will take you a certain amount of time. But if you run in knee-deep water then it will take you longer to get from point A to point B but you'll eventually get there.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMeethat Gold Bond moisturizer is the bomb!  Wow.  Tried it for the first time last night, and I could tell a difference right away.  My face felt so soft and smooth yet not greasy...even this morning!  With it, I actually may be able to use my Retin-A in the winter more than 2-3 times a week.  Thanks, again.  You have never steered me wrong with a recommendation, and I appreciate your knowledge and being willing to help us with your beauty finds that are economical but work well!  Have a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@SilleeMeethat Gold Bond moisturizer is the bomb!  Wow.  Tried it for the first time last night, and I could tell a difference right away.  My face felt so soft and smooth yet not greasy...even this morning!  With it, I actually may be able to use my Retin-A in the winter more than 2-3 times a week.  Thanks, again.  You have never steered me wrong with a recommendation, and I appreciate your knowledge and being willing to help us with your beauty finds that are economical but work well!  Have a blessed day!

@Ainhisg 

I'm so happy that you like the GB.

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate that very much.