Esteemed Contributor

Discovered great new concealer solution! Does not settle into wrinkles

The sad truth: I've tried many, many concealers and I've NEVER found one that did not make me look older! (I'm in my early 50s.) the trade-off is always coverage vs. too thick and, thus, the tendency to make one look older. (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about!) My solution? I am now using Tarte's 12-hour foundation (in a tube) for a concealer---and it works GREAT! It has so much pigment, it covers well and, yet, it's not thick like concealers, so it doesn't settle into my fine lines and wrinkles. I had literally completely given up on concealers prior to my "discovery" to use Tarte's 12-hour foundation as a concealer. Great, great product. P.S. - I also recently tried their powder, clay foundation (the kind in a pot) and I LOVE it. It's very different from other mineral foundations (silkier). Again, it's one of the only mineral foundations available that doesn't make you look older!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Discovered great new concealer solution! Does not settle into wrinkles

Is this the one?

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.
Valued Contributor

Which color do you use?

Esteemed Contributor

I wear light-medium beige, which is a very neutral color....it's supposed to have some cool undertones, but the "coolness" is very, very slight. I actually bought mine from a local Sephora store where I could try on colors.
Trusted Contributor

On 4/23/2014 Goldengate8361 said: Yes.

Thanks Goldengate, I will check it out at Sephora, great review!

Frequent Contributor

I have been using this FOUNDATION for a year and love it. However, I need to use a concealer with it. I'm over 60 if that makes a difference. Just wanted to let you all know that this is not a concealer.

Could the OP clarify what she bought? I'm interested!

Valued Contributor

On 4/23/2014 MadamAnne said:

I have been using this FOUNDATION for a year and love it. However, I need to use a concealer with it. I'm over 60 if that makes a difference. Just wanted to let you all know that this is not a concealer.

If you read the original post, she clearly states that she uses the Tarte 12-Hour Foundation. Her point being, that she has never found a concealer to work for her.

Super Contributor

On 4/23/2014 Lanikins said:
On 4/23/2014 MadamAnne said:

If you read the original post, she clearly states that she uses the Tarte 12-Hour Foundation. Her point being, that she has never found a concealer to work for her.

Exactly…she is using the foundation as a concealer.

Esteemed Contributor

Madamanne----you are right; it's foundation, not a concealer, but I USE it as a concealer. Because it has such great pigmentation, I've found that it works beautifully as a concealer. Of course, it's not thick as true concealers are, but I've generally found that the "thickness" is what makes most concealers look very aging. Hope that clarifies! Everybody is different; I'm just sharing what is working really well for me.