Occasional Contributor

Difference between BB Perfecting Liquid Foundation and Amazonian Clay Full-Coverage Foundation?

I am really interested in trying one of these Tarte foundations - I really like what I have read and I like what I have seen on the QVC demos. But I am struggling to understand the difference between the BB Perfecting Liquid Foundation and Amazonian Clay Full-Coverage Foundation and which one might be better for me. The demos for both of these look almost exactly the same, both appear to provide extensive coverage.

I am 54 years old with minor signs of aging. My main issue is that I have large pores and oily tendencies, though I have become less oily with age. I used to be a faithful BE user for many years, but that eventually became too drying for my skin and accentuates my pores and the few lines I do have.

I have tried Laura Geller, which is certainly better on me than BE, but still find the powder foundations drying. I have also tried Mally BB Foundation, which I do love, but I am having trouble finding availability in my shade (medium). I like full coverage, but I don't like my makeup to feel heavy or cakey. And the main issue I want to solve for is large pores.

Can someone help me decide between these two Tarte products?

Thanks so much.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Difference between BB Perfecting Liquid Foundation and Amazonian Clay Full-Coverage Foundation?

Nobody here uses either of these products? Was really hoping for some recommendations.

Super Contributor

Re: Difference between BB Perfecting Liquid Foundation and Amazonian Clay Full-Coverage Foundation?

I love the Tarte full-coverage foundation. I find that if I use just a little, it is sheer and build-able. Because I'm so pleased with it, I've never felt the need to try the BB version of Tarte.

I switched from mineral foundation to Tarte because I wanted to try something creamy for a change. I chose Tarte because it has a Zinc/Titanium base, which is healing and non-comedogenic.

Large pores, I think, are a separate issue, best dealt with using Retin A. But that's just IMHO...

Trusted Contributor

Great question! I'd also be interested in comparisons to the other Tarte foundations currently available: Foundcealer, the liquid from the TSV and BB Cream.

I have used the Full coverage foundation - too orange. I am quite pleased with the BB cream. Has anyone tried all of them?

Super Contributor

Tried the full coverage clay foundation today and it feels like I have a mask on and most of all, it itches terribly.
Super Contributor

I have tried both of them! I actually ordered the BB foundation from the Q, and had a sample of the Amazonian Clay Fnd from Sephora.

I seem to have the same skin type (age, oily tendencies, pores) and I am an almost former BE original foundation user.

I like the Amazonian Clay just a bit better than the BB. But the truth is I actually like them both. I found the real trick is in the application. As a LONG time BE user, there has been a learning curve with liquid foundation. I find when I use a brush (any brush) I tend to get it on too thick. My best application is a sponge - any sponge either the $1 flat round ones you find at the drugstore or the $7 Sephora one.

Back to the make-up, my skin is pretty oily, and the Clay foundation seems to give me a bit more coverage (without feeling like a mask) and the extra oil absorption I need.

I don't have a lot of irregular color or other imperfections, so the BB is nice particularly on the weekends when I want even less makeup/coverage. I also sampled the PTR CC - which also has nice coverage and good oil absorption, I think I would pick it over the Tarte BB foundation as a second choice.

I also tried the BE liquid - and it wears similarly to the BB, it doesn't do quite as good a job with the oil.

One other tip - I have fallen in like with the Garnier 5 second blur for helping minimize my pores and it doesn't add to oiliness, it's actually better than a primer - IMO.

Michele

Occasional Contributor

I have found that using tarte finishing powder smoothes everything out on my face. I have visible pores and what I do is just apply the powder over the foundation and my face looks flawless. Well, a lot better than it does without the powder. I also recently purchased Tarte's CC primer of which I like. It goes one step further than a BB cream by adding moisturizer in it. The coverage is better than the primer BB cream. I too was and still am confused about the differences with Tarte's BB creams. Hope that helps some.