Trusted Contributor

I just started using this and watched the video on QVC. I showered, exfoliated and applied before bed. I did notice some color but not much. When I showered the next day a lot washed off in the shower, I could see it going down the drain. Is that normal? How many days in a row do you suggest I apply it? Want a nice medium tan. How often should I exfoliate in the shower and would you say applying twice a week after I reach the desired color is best? Any tips would be very helpful.

Super Contributor

Re: Tarte Faux Tanner questions

This is my 1st summer using it. I got the TSV. I like how easy the application is with the mitt. I did notice it is not dark, dark. I have light/medium skin tone and the color was a light tan on me. I did not exfoliate, just showered and applied. The next day took a shower, but I do not think it went down the drain. I applied another layer. But, I notice the more I put on the mitt, the more color. So, now I apply more into sections on my arms and legs.

Valued Contributor

On 5/25/2014 Beejene said:

I just started using this and watched the video on QVC. I showered, exfoliated and applied before bed. I did notice some color but not much. When I showered the next day a lot washed off in the shower, I could see it going down the drain. Is that normal? How many days in a row do you suggest I apply it? Want a nice medium tan. How often should I exfoliate in the shower and would you say applying twice a week after I reach the desired color is best? Any tips would be very helpful.

Yes, its normal to see it being washed off. The part that is being washed off is just the color that helps as a guide to put it on. I use mine twice a week. Also, I have learned to pat dry out of the shower and I use the IT bronzer for fine tuning around my wrists and elbows- it events things out.

Honored Contributor

I just ordered this. Does it come off on your towel? I was wondering if I needed to use an old towel after showering the morning after applying this.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I am new to it as well, used it Monday night and I applied it last night - after two applications I have just light tan but it doesn't scream FAKE TAN and what I did like is there was only a hint of self tan smell and when I showered the next day this went away, with other self tanners I have used that smell "lingers" a few days even with daily showers! So far, it's a keeper for me.

Super Contributor

I'm on my second tube and I like it a lot so far.

The color you see coming off in the shower is the color guide. The tan it gives me is a very natural brown instead of the dreaded orange. I have a medium skin tone so if I apply twice in one week, I get a very natural look--a few days at the beach look. To prolong the tan, I use a moisturizer (Hemp) with a built in self tanner.

Respected Contributor

On 8/6/2014 azterry! said:

I'm on my second tube and I like it a lot so far.

The color you see coming off in the shower is the color guide. The tan it gives me is a very natural brown instead of the dreaded orange. I have a medium skin tone so if I apply twice in one week, I get a very natural look--a few days at the beach look. To prolong the tan, I use a moisturizer (Hemp) with a built in self tanner.

That is a great idea, Suzanne Somers has one of those "Daily Moisturizers" to prolong your tan, I like her body products since they have fewer chemicals than some other lines out there