Honored Contributor

DRMTLGY Sunscreen

[ Edited ]

Have been using this regularly for the past couple of weeks and love it.  Mixes with my skin care without any problems, primer/foundation no problem either.  I bought 1 can of the tinted and one untinted to see which I like better and I like them both!

Today I decided to see how much of the sunscreen equaled 1/4 teaspoon, which is the recommended amount to get proper benefit from the spf.  I was suprised that I wasn't using enough cuz what I was using seemed like it would be.  I actually used a 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon and found that I need 5 pumps - I was using 3.

Tonight I was watching the beginning of the Beauty Revolution show.  Shawn and Rosina were presenting Beauty Bio bronzing drops.  These drops supposedly have an spf of 40.  I was yelling - well kind of - at my tv because both of them as well as the vendor made it seem that putting "a few drops on your face, in your foundation or moisturizer and you also have an spf of 40!"  I wanted to scream.  They all made it sound like you could add a few drops - yes, just drops - to whatever and oh boy you have an spf of 40!  I understand they need to sell the product but the least they could do is tell the viewers that while the product has an spf, you need to use it in conjunction with your regular spf to get the proper amount of protection.  Credibility and honesty matters. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: DRMTLGY Sunscreen

[ Edited ]

It is approximately 2 finger lengths, I hate the feel of that much sunscreen but it is necessary. I am gonna have to try DRMTLGY 

Respected Contributor

I sometimes use a different sunscreen on my neck and chest than I do on my face. Friday, Angie of Hot&Flashy said 1/8 tsp for the face and 1/8 tsp for the neck in a situation like mine, which is what I was doing, so whew!  I put it in a measuring spoon and then measured it on the length of my longest finger, which gave me the correct amount. It is a lot of sunscreen!

Honored Contributor

Re: DRMTLGY Sunscreen

[ Edited ]

@JudyL    LOVE my SPFs from DRMTLGY!!! I use the untinted on my neck so it doesn't get on clothing and the tinted on my face. Yes, 1/4 tsp. approx. just for the face and neck is the correct amount. I use more on my chest if wearing a v- neck or button up shirt. 

I alternate the more reasonably priced DRMTLGY with my Skinceuticals which is pricey.

Valued Contributor

@FLGators wrote:

It is approximately 2 finger lengths, I hate the feel of that much sunscreen but it is necessary. I am gonna have to try DRMTLGY 

I love the information I receive on the Forum.  I agree with you @FLGators I would hate the feel of the appropriate amount of sunscreen. I use a moisturizer with SPF, but should look into applying SPF alone for sun protection.  When I read your post about the amount of product needed (2 finger lengths) and the feel, I thought maybe the little finger would be good enough ...not!  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@JudyL    LOVE my SPFs from DRMTLGY!!! I use the untinted on my neck so it doesn't get on clothing and the tinted on my face. Yes, 1/4 tsp. approx. just for the face and neck is the correct amount. I use more on my chest if wearing a v- neck or button up shirt. 

I alternate the more reasonably priced DRMTLGY with my Skinceuticals which is pricey.

@Shanus  - When I re-order the DRMTLGY sunscreens, I am putting them on subscription.  

Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat  - I used to use a moisturizer with an spf but realized for years I wasn't using near enough product to get the spf needed.  Since finding the DRMTLGY sunscreens, I do them separately.  Like it much better.

Honored Contributor

DRMTLGY sunscreens use both chemical and mineral ingredients so they need to be applied to clean skin and a wait time of 30 minutes before going out in the sun.

If you mix any kind of sunscreen with another product then you reduce the SPF by an undetermined amount and that might not be a good idea.