Valued Contributor

Re: DAFNI presentation

[ Edited ]

@sueinsf..My Hair in past my shoulders,not very thick but I have a lot of hair. It's color treated and FRIZZY mixed with curls. I let my hair dry naturally,with a little help from my dryer. I then use the Dafni to straighten it..it works like a charm. I then take out my Perfecter to do my bangs and put some shape in it. I then furter smoothe it out with the Perfecter. I may even put some curls...They work perfectly together.As far as volume..Dafni is really a STRAIGHTENING BRUSH..I will get some height & Volume from the Perfecter.

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Alexa6352.  I've never gotten much volume from the Perfector but you make a good point that they may work well together.

Frequent Contributor

HSN sells a very similar brush (almost identical) for far less money...$39.99. Can usually get it for $29.99 or $34.99 during event pricing. It's also sold at Bed Bath & Beyond. I too noticed the poor QVC models struggling with the DAFNI. Was actually considering buying until I witnessed the models' struggles.

Super Contributor

I broke down and bought the brush, I love it.  I have somewhat frizzy hair past my shoulders, only took me 3 minutes to get it shiny and straight.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sueinsf wrote:

@Alexa6352 wrote:

I own this brush and it's terific. It goes smoothly through my hair and it takes all the FRIZZ away immediately...I also own the Perfecter and the two of them together makes me SMILE!

@Alexa6352 I'd like to know how this compares to the Perfector.  I've had a Perfector for 2 or 3 years and while it is good for some things, I don't find it so great for straightening. 

I also see that Instyler makes a very similar product for $60 which has very good reviews ($50 with a coupon at Bed Bath & Beyond) and wondering if anyone has tried that?

My hair is fine so I'm a little concerned this type of product may make my hair too flat.  If it does provide some volume in addition to de-frizzing and straightening, that would be a plus.

I have fine, frizzy hair that has Keritan and I absolutely love this brush. Even when I'm due for another treatment and my hair is very frizzy it does a great job. I love it for second day hair, so quick. It leaves just a little texture in your hair - not like the flat iron which makes it so flat. I also have the Perfecter and haven't used it since I got this. I like this much better than the Perfecter - it's so much faster and easier. . Bought a second to take on my cruise and for vacations. I brush through my hair and have never, ever gotten the brush stuck or tangled in my hair. I have also learned how to curl my bangs under so I don't need the Perfecter. I can also get height with this. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cyw_3825 wrote:

HSN sells a very similar brush (almost identical) for far less money...$39.99. Can usually get it for $29.99 or $34.99 during event pricing. It's also sold at Bed Bath & Beyond. I too noticed the poor QVC models struggling with the DAFNI. Was actually considering buying until I witnessed the models' struggles.

The models had way too much product in their hair. I brush my hair first and have never gotten it get caught in my hair - never.