Respected Contributor

Could this help my foundation color dilemma?

My dilemma is that I usually need the lightest shade in any line.

Problem comes in for me that they are just too YELLOW for my skin tone.  I have tried so MANY, and have a few more on hand to try right now.

Just reading about Color FX Color Change Drops.  They say it is to adjust level of coverage for most any type of foundation.  But, their color ranges in the drops go from pink to the deepest tones.

IF I got a foundation that was CLOSER to what I feel is right, and IF I added a drop or whatever of this, wonder if it would work!  It is highly pigmented, so some experimentation may be necessary.

I am sure other ladies must have this type of dilemma too.  Whether you are very fair like me or dark toned, never finding the right shade has been sooooooooo frustrating.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: Could this help my foundation color dilemma?

Yes, the drops will help with that. Or you can buy drops in the color you need and mix them with a moisturizer and make your own tinted moisturizer.

MAC Face and Body Foundation has had a white shade in their Pro line for years and it went public a few years ago. That allows you to lighten any shade of their Face and Body Foundation, but it won't add pink to a yellow toned color.

Honored Contributor

Blogger Phyrra did a big thing on these drops when they were released.

Here's her first tutorial and a load of pictures: http://phyrra.net/2015/03/how-to-diy-your-foundation-with-cover-fx-custom-cover-drops.html

Here's her second tutorial and more pictures: http://phyrra.net/2015/04/cover-fx-custom-cover-drops-tutorial.html

Respected Contributor

Thank you for this thread, and the response.  I have a terrible time with matching a foundation.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor

I don't like the yellow effect either.  I use a company that has numerous shades and use the palest.  Clinique!  Go to a dept. store cosmetic counter and check it out in person, they let you try them out.  Does not have to be this brand, you can try any and all brands.

Super Contributor

The drops should work well for you. If you have a Sephora or JCP Sephora nearby, get a sample. You may like the drops so much that you stop buying whatever foundation you are using that is the wrong color. You can mix them with primer, moisturizer, serum. A few videos on YouTube mixed them with an oil. It only takes about 2!!!! Drops mixed with whatever you choose to mix the drops with. The bottle should last a long time and they have many, many shades.
Respected Contributor

I feel I need more pink to cancel out too much yellow.

I have found foundations that I liked OTHER than the overall yellow tone when it goes on my skin.

Bobbi Brown and others are always out there saying we NEED more yellow.  No, not all of us do!!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Mac's Strobe Cream lightens any foundation.  From how you are describing your complexion, I think we are very similar. I struggle to find a good match and sometimes when they are very light they can look very masky.

I recently purchased Tarte and they have a very light shade with pink undertones. I put two or three drops of Jose Maran's argan oil in the palm of my hand and mix it with the foundation. Then I apply it with their brush. It gives a nice light coverage and breaks up the heaviness of the foundation by using the brush.

Also Lancome has a new foundation in a compact. It is like a cream foundation but has a sponge application. It does come in very fair shades.

I hope you find something you love. It's a difficult search....