Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2016 -- OCTOBER!

Sparkles!!!!!  I love it. Glad you like your new cut. Finding a good stylist is stressful for me.  She sounds like a keeper.  You must feel so much lighter now that you shed the extra Pom, Bee.  

I am so thankful it is the weekend. TGIF.  ..and it is a rainy morning.  I love rainy mornings when I am home.  Just hoping it clears up for the rest of the day. I am going to do some shopping later on.  Revamping the wardrobe isn't easy these days. 

I walked 3.5 miles the last couple of days.  I am hoping to keep that up.  I usually start out pretty good and then lax.  I really need to get myself fit. I can't believe how unfit I have gotten and it is from bring sedentary.  Not good. 

Have a nice saturday everyone. 

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Well then, bee, it sounds like you like your new 'do.  Great.  And it sounds like you also found a kindred spirit.  "Sparkles". I like that.  Right up your alley!😉

sheep

Earlier in the week we walked superdog along an arroyo and we met a sheep that looked like he needed shearing.  Similar to this one, but it was brown (probably dirt) and resembled a cardboard refrigerator box on legs.  He looked uncomfortable.  It inspired me to commit to some shearing of my own.  It's so nice to get in and out of the car without getting my hair caught in the shoulder strap.  I can bend over and kiss the dog's face without holding my hair.  That free hand can be on the dog.  Just makes sense.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Sparkles!!!!!  I love it. Glad you like your new cut. Finding a good stylist is stressful for me.  She sounds like a keeper.  You must feel so much lighter now that you shed the extra Pom, Bee.  

I am so thankful it is the weekend. TGIF.  ..and it is a rainy morning.  I love rainy mornings when I am home.  Just hoping it clears up for the rest of the day. I am going to do some shopping later on.  Revamping the wardrobe isn't easy these days. 

I walked 3.5 miles the last couple of days.  I am hoping to keep that up.  I usually start out pretty good and then lax.  I really need to get myself fit. I can't believe how unfit I have gotten and it is from bring sedentary.  Not good. 

Refer to sheep photo.

I'd mentioned that we weren't walking when the dog was limpy, but now that we've been walking this week -- every day and for long distances -- my thighs are a little sore.  It really doesn't take much time to start becoming "unfit."  Walking shouldn't hurt.  I was really surprised that I was achy.

I do know one thing: I feel worse when I'm not getting out there and walking.  Free therapy.

Hope you find some great pieces to inject life into your wardrobe.  I've been talking about ditching the denim for years but always end up reaching for jeans.  I'm a little shocked that I actually bought non-denim pants -- in colors!  Find something out there that just screams "change."  It's time!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Can you believe there are only ten days left in October?

I better hurry up and accomplish something!

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Refer to sheep photo.

I'd mentioned that we weren't walking when the dog was limpy, but now that we've been walking this week -- every day and for long distances -- my thighs are a little sore.  It really doesn't take much time to start becoming "unfit."  Walking shouldn't hurt.  I was really surprised that I was achy.

I do know one thing: I feel worse when I'm not getting out there and walking.  Free therapy.

Hope you find some great pieces to inject life into your wardrobe.  I've been talking about ditching the denim for years but always end up reaching for jeans.  I'm a little shocked that I actually bought non-denim pants -- in colors!  Find something out there that just screams "change."  It's time!

Yes, it is amazing how quickly out of shape we become. I am debating whether I should quickly go for s walk.  It is now drizzling but not sure if it will pick up.  I guess I can go a bit later.  I think I am only procrastinating in taking a shower.  No, that's right, I haven't ventured towards the bathtub yet this morning. 

I am going to eventually change out all the pants I just don't like or feel great in.  I almost just tossed one yesterday but pulled back because not a whole lot fits so trying not to be hasty. 

Big fail - last weekend I was thrilled with the big bag of clothes I pulled out of my closet to declutter.  It made its way to my car but I never made it to the Salvation Army for drop off.  Well, I just pulled several pieces out and back into the closet.  Oy vey.  That's ok.  At least I didn't put everything back.  I will try these on one last time and make my decision.  

Alright, it is time to go and freshen up and get motivated.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Image result for falling off the wagon

Doughnuts and salted caramel mochas did me in.  All I want to know is why does it take three days of eating healthy to make up for one day of indulging?

Just bee, I am so happy you have a new 'do!  Don't you feel great?  And new clothes, too!

I am going to ignore all of the beauty gifts in the stores and not buy a thing.  My kids are draining my checking account.  DD has a school club trip next month that is expensive - almost $500 plus money for meals AND special clothes for the event.  Next, I have to buy her band performance dress and shoes.  Then, DS's second semester tuition is due.  Finally, Christmas.  Yikes!  I would like to buy some new work clothes for winter.  Instead, I will make do with what I have and then hit the stores in January and try to find a few things on clearance.

On Friday, I went through some of the paperwork that was loitering in my home and made a small amount of progress.  It really felt good to accomplish something.  I'll go through some more tomorrow after running errands.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll vacuum my car, too.

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

One more thing .... Today, I finished an eyeliner and a face lotion that I was using at night and really liked.  Isomers Accelerated Recovery Age Contouring Cream.  It is too expensive to buy on its own.  A 1.86 oz. bottle is $61.75.  The bottle I have must have come in a kit.  It is 4 oz., and that is large for Isomers.  If it is ever available at a great price, I might repurchase it.

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dosey wrote:

Image result for falling off the wagon

Doughnuts and salted caramel mochas did me in.  All I want to know is why does it take three days of eating healthy to make up for one day of indulging?

Just bee, I am so happy you have a new 'do!  Don't you feel great?  And new clothes, too!

I am going to ignore all of the beauty gifts in the stores and not buy a thing.  My kids are draining my checking account.  DD has a school club trip next month that is expensive - almost $500 plus money for meals AND special clothes for the event.  Next, I have to buy her band performance dress and shoes.  Then, DS's second semester tuition is due.  Finally, Christmas.  Yikes!  I would like to buy some new work clothes for winter.  Instead, I will make do with what I have and then hit the stores in January and try to find a few things on clearance.

On Friday, I went through some of the paperwork that was loitering in my home and made a small amount of progress.  It really felt good to accomplish something.  I'll go through some more tomorrow after running errands.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll vacuum my car, too.

I can rationalize this.  Well, I can rationalize anything, really.  I think it's a question of balance.  An old Moody Blues album, you ask?  Not quite.  If it's true that the human body and the universe in general are always trying to achieve balance (equilibrium, homeostasis), then this is something we just need to accept.  Forces of nature have control.  Like when we decide to save money and we squirrel away money for weeks or months, and then suddenly the car or an appliance requires repair or replacement.  Or we are eating sensibly and exercising regularly and suddenly we're flat on our backs, coughing up our lungs and the only things that will stay down are hot toddies and chips and salsa.  You go too far one way and the universe nudges you in the opposite direction.

This sounds perfectly logical, does it not?  So the doughnuts are the universe's way of telling you that you don't have enough fat in your diet and that a famine may be coming so you better add a couple pounds before winter sets in.  The universe is just trying to be helpful.

Honored Contributor

The new cut has been a nice change but when I woke up this morning (after falling asleep with damp hair) I saw this in the mirror:

David Cassidy

Good Lord -- I'm Keith Partridge.

Honored Contributor

As a diehard Cubs fan who met my heroes, Ernie Banks and Randy Hundley, at Uptown Federal Bank when I was nine, and then (decades later) mix and mingled with a group of little kids during spring training in Arizona who graciously pointed out the Cubs' personal vehicles in the parking lot, this is a bittersweet time.

I have Cubs caps, pins, shirts, jerseys, sweatshirts, jackets and other paraphernalia (of course you do) and I even have a jersey commemorating the 1945 team, but I can't wear any of it.  A neighbor a couple doors down has a banner in the front yard.  I'm trying not to look at it when I get the mail.  I have a large stuffed bear who wears the Cubs tee shirt I wore in 1969.  I won't go into the room where that bear sits.

Haven't watched a single Cubs game this year because I don't want to jinx them.  Better-half thinks this is ridiculous, but what does he know?  His favorite team wins.  He has experienced championships.  He has witnessed victory.

I've come so far, I can't fold now.