Respected Contributor

I have done well eating these last couple of days. While I am still having some junk food, it is drastically reduced comparatively.  It is an effort though. Now, I need to maintain that and start moving. Mentally though, I feel better already. 

Yay, we can edit. 

Respected Contributor

@dosey wrote:

Before I go to sleep, I have to tell you what happened today.  It was incredible.

My kids and I have a tradition of having lunch at Panera when the school year ends.  Today, we sat next near the door to the courtyard.  While we were eating, I looked outside.  There were three young adults sitting at a table.  They were around 20 y.o.  Anyway, a little squirrel ran onto their table and then hopped on the shoulder of one of the girls!!  She was startled but did not freak out.  Instead, she put her hand on his back and gave him a piece of bread.  He took it and ran away.  It was so sweet.  My DS said he will never eat in the courtyard again because squirrels can have rabies.  True, but it was still an amazing thing to see.

P.S.  Except for eating at Panera, I did really well with my diet today and feel good.

I love stories like these.  I am so surprised the squirrel didn't hesitate. 

Respected Contributor

Happy June everyone!

I would also like to start with the HEP too! Over the last 5 years I've put on about 25 pounds and boy can I tell! I've had to get just about all new clothes over the years and I have a bunch of stuff in my closet that I haven't worn in ages and would like to wear again if I can drop the weight. I've lost about 5 lbs since the beginning of the year, that's it. I can't seem to get motivated to eat right or exercise. Maybe it will be easier this summer with the warmer weather and all the good fruits and veggies. It's been such a crappy year here in Michigan, winter lasted forever, and I hate the cold. Plus I'm not setting a very good example for my kids. I have a lot of junk food in my house too, but I'll just try to at least eat less. Sweets are my downfall. If there's chocolate in the house, I'm eating it!

Respected Contributor

As far as ComPacting goes, I've been pretty much flush over here. Some items have been coming in, some items have been going out. I've tossed several products that I just don't care for, especially makeup, but I've also bought some replacements. I've also used up some items. I want to try to go cruelty free as much as possible, so the makeup I've bought has been Physicians Formula so far, and I've tossed some Benefit, Sephora, Covergirl. I still have a lot of those brands here, but I tossed the items that I didn't really like anyway. 

I'm trying to find a replacement for my Ponds cleanser too and ordered some oils and facial wash from Vitacost to try. Ponds is basically just mineral oil anyway, so I'm going to try and switch to coconut oil or joboba/castor oil, etc. and see if it works as well and will be cruelty free. 

It's a work in progress for sure, but I'm getting there! By the end of the year I'd love to be just down to products that i use and love and don't have to worry about ComPacting anymore. I've been doing this for a couple of years now too and it's wearing on me. I'm just about ready to toss everything and start over with just the basics!

Respected Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

It's definitely surprising to see how long it takes to hit bottom of an eye product. It shows they are a good investment - takes forever to empty them but I totally agree that it can get boring.

I took a break from my pan the palette experiment so I could play with a newer palette. The experiment was really good for me and I will continue to try to keep my usage to 2-3 palettes to see if I can make any more dents. I may dig thru my supply and find another older 1 to combine with use of a newer one so I can enjoy both.

Yes, my newer palettes are just sitting there and I do want to play with them a bit, one reason I was hesitant on starting this experiment, so what I may do is continue using this palette for the month during the week and on weekends use my other shadows.  This way it breaks it up a bit. 

I really am glad to see how long it takes to use them.  If I only had a couple of palettes, that wouldn't be a bad thing. 

Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

Here are my June goals.

Exercise and limit sweets!!!!!!!!!!!!  Enough said.

B&BW - buy only foaming hand soaps.

Skincare - purchase only replacement items unless Isomers has a great Vitamin C TTV or offers the Vitamin C products that I like in super sizes.

Cosmetics - purchase only replacement items except for nail polish.  It is summer, so I am going to treat myself to some new shades that are not like anything I already own.  Since I do not own too many nail polishes, this will not be difficult.

Clothes - get back into my business skirts and pants.  Purchase a few work tops.

That is all I can think of.  I might add one or two later.  Now, I am going to do some pushups, lunges, etc.  Join me!

Congrats on the job!  Use your new schedule as an opportunity to create healthy meals and snacks for work.  Don't start going out for lunch or drinking the "wrong" beverages at your desk.  Got a lunch box?

One of my favorite snacks is an apple.  But if I bring an apple to work it becomes my commuter apple: I don't eat it -- I just drive it to work, then home again.  However, if it's cored, and a rubber band is wrapped around it and then it all goes (core, slices and band) into a plastic bag, I will eat it.  The band keeps it together so it stays crisp and doesn't turn brown.

I also like Halos peeled and piled into a plastic container so I can eat the slices with a fork.

And, of course, I always have water with me.

Thank you!  That is a great apple tip.  I never thought of using a rubberband.

It is a great tip!  It's because Better-half came up with it.  He found a white plastic and metal corer and then held the whole apple together with the type of heavy band you find on your produce.

I couldn't find the exact corer online, but these are similar in concept.

corer

corer

corer

This blue one is very close to what we have.

corer

Keep the core!  Press the slices together to reshape your apple, then band it -- core and all.  Stays crisp!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

This is good.  Seems like the touchscreen glitches are fixed.  

Now I no longer have an excuse for my typing errors.  Uh oh.

Respected Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

As far as ComPacting goes, I've been pretty much flush over here. Some items have been coming in, some items have been going out. I've tossed several products that I just don't care for, especially makeup, but I've also bought some replacements. I've also used up some items. I want to try to go cruelty free as much as possible, so the makeup I've bought has been Physicians Formula so far, and I've tossed some Benefit, Sephora, Covergirl. I still have a lot of those brands here, but I tossed the items that I didn't really like anyway. 

I'm trying to find a replacement for my Ponds cleanser too and ordered some oils and facial wash from Vitacost to try. Ponds is basically just mineral oil anyway, so I'm going to try and switch to coconut oil or joboba/castor oil, etc. and see if it works as well and will be cruelty free. 

It's a work in progress for sure, but I'm getting there! By the end of the year I'd love to be just down to products that i use and love and don't have to worry about ComPacting anymore. I've been doing this for a couple of years now too and it's wearing on me. I'm just about ready to toss everything and start over with just the basics!

Yes, me too.  I couldnt agree more. I feel the same way.  

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

LOL, that is what I thought too.  I cant blame it on the system.  Too funny.

Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2016 -- June

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

LOL, that is what I thought too.  I cant blame it on the system.  Too funny.

Great minds think alike.  In my case, I just consider myself lucky when my mind thinks at all. 😳

And the the real test--you can actually post and go back and edit! Yippee!