Honored Contributor

Re: Coloring brows, just for men

Actually, @JeanLouiseFinch , I could make the same remark to you.

Your comment was "don't do it".  Don't you find that a blanket remark, just based on the singular experience your husband had?

as I stated, I tried this product because it was recommended to me by past posters who participated on this board. Many of them are no longer here, and for good reason.  We used to exchange info freely without the judgemental remarks we get from other posters at this time. 

Honored Contributor

I use the Just For Men mustache and beard color - been using it for years.

It's temporary coloring.  They wanted to dye them in the salon - but I said no.  I'm very happy with my method.

I can mix up just enough for my brows - a box lasts me about six months.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

Just FYI,  the safety warnings in the Just for Men Mustache & Beard instructions say "DO NOT USE TO DYE EYELASHES OR EYEBROWS."

Hair color will have the same warning, but I have seen stylists use the same color they use on their clients' hair on their brows.  

Esteemed Contributor

The Just For Men Mustache and Beard is a permanent color. It doesn't wash out according to the package but the gray brows will grow and new ones appear so that's when you need to dye again. I was curious because the root touch-up kit I use is also permanent.

It does say to do the patch test each time. Some people have sensitive skin and they have to cover themselves. Personally, I never test first but I'd also never give that advice to someone else. We all have to do what's right for us. If you have doubts better to be safe than sorry.