Super Contributor

Chi ARC - Automatic Rotating Curler - Anyone Used It?

Hi all, has anyone tried the Chi ARC? It's similar to the Beachwaver but a smaller barrel, and a bit less expensive. I am seriously considering it but would love to hear any reviews from my fellow beauties! Currently on sale at Ulta…let me know if you've tried it!

TIA Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: Chi ARC - Automatic Rotating Curler - Anyone Used It?

I've wanted a Beachwaver off and on, but then I think, "Who are you kidding? You're no spring chicken who should wear her hair that way?" My hair is fairly long, though, compared to other ladies in my age range and I think the loose curls are pretty. I looked at a couple of youtube videos and the CHI looks like it works the same way. Ulta's got a great price, too. I'd be tempted to get it. You can always return it if it doesn't measure up.

Honored Contributor

JLF...I have the Beachwaver and LOVE it! My hair is longer too...and I am no spring bird either...but I get constant compliments on my hair (not just my WEN quality hair, but the beachy waves or the tighter curls). These curls last DAYS! So I love I am only using a heat appliance once or twice a week and I gave up blow drying so even better.

I bet you would look beautiful with curls! If I go to work w/ straighter hair...the guys I work with ask "What, no curls today?" LOL so I guess it is my signature look now.

The CHI is a great price compared to the Beachwaver! I think CHI is a good quality company too. The only thing is...the barrel as the OP stated is smaller. I wouldn't want any tighter curls than the current beachwaver gives me. I would even love this type of tool with an even bigger barrel.

Katemeister...I hope someone who actually has the CHI responds to you! If you give it a whirl...let us know how you like it. I can vouch for the Beachwaver but it sure did hit the pocketbook a bit hard! LOL But to be honest...I would replace it in a heart beat!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for writing about this. I love my other Chi, and I've been thinking about a rotating device.

Contributor

I've been looking at the Chi Arc, also. It has good reviews on Ulta's site (all 5-star except for one 2-star and one 4-star). It's also currently on sale. My purchase will be put on hold, though, since I'll be travelling between home and my daughter's house and I won't have time to play with it!

Occasional Contributor

I bought it around Christmas as I had been wanting the Beachwaver as well. I found it a little difficult to use. If you are handy with a curling iron I think you will find it a little cumbersome to use and a waste of time trying to get it lined up properly to spin it. For those reasons I returned mine. I can get the same curl on my own, so it was just not a good value for me. If you are someone that really doesn't know how to curl your hair, you may enjoy it. I bought mine at Ulta for a pretty good price as well.