Valued Contributor

Re: Charges for Return Item?

I posted on this because CS was closed and I wanted to know if anyone else knew how this worked. I called CS and they said that I should have gotten a refund for the original shipping and handling. So they issued a credit. From what we discussed any time there is an extended try it period if you return it within that time, whatever the time it is, you will be refunded the original shipping and handling.

Super Contributor

On 5/18/2014 kismet said:

I posted on this because CS was closed and I wanted to know if anyone else knew how this worked. I called CS and they said that I should have gotten a refund for the original shipping and handling. So they issued a credit. From what we discussed any time there is an extended try it period if you return it within that time, whatever the time it is, you will be refunded the original shipping and handling.

kismet, thank you for coming back to let us know what CS advised. Good to know that you will indeed be refunded your original shipping charges on extended purchases.

Trusted Contributor

When QVC extends the return period, they will accordingly refund the original s&h as long as it is returned within that time frame (60 days, 90 days, etc)

Everyone gets a credit for their original shipping if they return items within 30 days (other than those with extended return dates) We always have to pay to get the item back to them and we can either use their label, in which case they deduct the fee for using their label from the total being credited back, or pay to ship the item back ourselves at the Post Office, UPS, etc.

And the warehouse employees, where all returns go, don't always credit us properly and I have found a simple call to CS always gets it straightened out. I've never had an issue.

Likewise, when they extend holiday shopping returns, as long as it is back (or postmarked) by 31 January, we also receive the full amount back of original shipping charges. The only exceptions are when customers choose to expedite the shipping (overnight, 2 day) as QVC will not refund those added fees.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the OP's post but as someone who sends back more than 1/2 of what I've ordered I will tell you this.

Just because I'm lazy and it is easy to put QVC's sticker (return sticker) back after turning the plastic envelope inside/out that's just what I do. I often send something back within one or two days (depending on when I go out). I do this because I know immediately if I will like it (doesn't happen often) but more often it doesn't fit (too big or too small). I wouldn't order it if I didn't like it.

Sometimes the color is off (my fault, not QVC) or it makes ME look bad (again, my fault, not QVC). I always figure that someone might be waiting for it (waitlist) so I try to send it back quickly. I use the same inside plastic bag and don't wear it out.

The only money I get charged is the amount I was charged to have it sent to me. What I mean is that I am refunded what QVC charged me to get it to me. However, I am charged the amount of ME sending it back to them.

I don't think I should have to be charged to send it back, but their bla bla says those are the rules, so if I want to order from them, that's what I accept. Someone has to pay so I guess that's me. I KNOW it would be less if I paid myself to have it send back. Like I said, I would rather not stand in the long lines (my post offices now use the machines, no more people behind the counter) to wait to use the machines. I just throw it up behind the counter and go on my way.