Super Contributor

CeraVe ingredient changes 🤔

Has anyone else's skin gone crazy with with brakeouts or burning? I've been using CeraVe for years and I have very sensitive skin. As I look at the new bottles I've started I noticed that the ingredients aren't the same. I use the hydrating cleanser, moisturizing lotion and PM face lotion.

Just curious if anyone else has had any issues with there skin with the newer formulations.

Super Contributor

Re: CeraVe ingredient changes 🤔

[ Edited ]

Oh no! Cerave was sold to Loreal about a year ago. I guess they changed the formulas. I will have to check when I buy some again.

Super Contributor

Oh No now it makes sense I did not know they were sold. Thanks for info. I already returned my bottles to Target. I bought Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion to use on my face and body. I don't mind it but it's no CeraVe. I always loved the hydrating without the heavy feeling of lotion. You can definitely feel it with Aveeno.

I'm not sure what else to try, my face looks likes like a disaster.

Respected Contributor

Google “Open Letter to Cerave regarding Formulation Change”.   Interesting discussion.

Respected Contributor

This worries me as I have recently discovered this brand and have been loving it so far. 😯

Honored Contributor

@shiloh 81  Have you used Cetaphil?  Maybe that will work for you now.  Don't you hate when the ingredients change and then you suffer the consequences?  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Cerave has been recommended by my dermatologist for years and I recently started it and I love it.  But I do not use it on my face, body only so don't know. 

They always have to mess with perfection.  Same thing happens with hair product formularies.Woman Sad

Super Contributor

No I've never tried Cetaphil. It might be worth a try. What aggravates me the most is they should at least put new formula or something on the package. It's just misleading and my skin doesn't like it 😤

Super Contributor

Wow, that open letter sounds like my experience. 

Honored Contributor

@shiloh 81 wrote:

Oh No now it makes sense I did not know they were sold. Thanks for info. I already returned my bottles to Target. I bought Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion to use on my face and body. I don't mind it but it's no CeraVe. I always loved the hydrating without the heavy feeling of lotion. You can definitely feel it with Aveeno.

I'm not sure what else to try, my face looks likes like a disaster.

I used to swear by Aveeno and I think they changed it.   

I stopped using because it leaves a film on my skin.