Respected Contributor

Re: COOL PEEL CO2 LASER

[ Edited ]

@LuvSoCal  I will, sure.  I  am still so red and he did my whole neck down to my collarbone.  This was a real good job on neck.  It is still (day 4 now very tender and red - so is face).

I believe he did a "double pass" with the laser this time because it's my 4th and maybe last.  Because I sure look and feel it.  I had to go out in this awful heat yesterday and even with the sunbrella got some sun and it burned me.  I was really sore last night.

I'm staying home today and tomorrow. It was still 86 degrees at ll pm last night.  I looked at the airconditioning monitor.

Again, will post when this is done.

Ps. I stopped by for a hairwash and blowout at salon yesterday and stylists said other than redness you don't have a spot on your face of any kind.   This makes me happy.  Because any precancers, etc. are gone for now.  Of course new ones can always pop up.

He does alot of cancer fixes for people who get it on the face.  He knows cancer when he see's you.

Respected Contributor

@LuvSoCal  I just don't understand people who (mostly seniors) just sit by the pool and bake in the sun everyday.  Why??

Trusted Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

@LuvSoCal  I just don't understand people who (mostly seniors) just sit by the pool and bake in the sun everyday.  Why??

@Pink123 I totally agree. There was a time (late teens/early 20s) when I was a sun worshiper. I loved the feel of the warmth on my skin and the way I looked. My mom used to get so frustrated with me. I finally came to my senses and have not exposed myself since age 25. I'm now 70, and considering my past, I don't have one spot on my face or body. I have used a good skin care routine since I was 19. I'm just thinking I could use something to give myself a refresh. I have to say, you're much braver than I am. I stay home for a week straight after having a chemical peel. Looking forward to your next update!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

@Pink123 I totally agree. There was a time (late teens/early 20s) when I was a sun worshiper. I loved the feel of the warmth on my skin and the way I looked. My mom used to get so frustrated with me. I finally came to my senses and have not exposed myself since age 25. I'm now 70, and considering my past, I don't have one spot on my face or body. I have used a good skin care routine since I was 19. I'm just thinking I could use something to give myself a refresh. I have to say, you're much braver than I am. I stay home for a week straight after having a chemical peel. Looking forward to your next update!

@LuvSoCal  Yep me too.  I got out about 26 and you know I was raised in SoFlo.  It was not talked about, the gooey sunscreen back then was gross and I said "no more".  

I was not sure but I felt a direct correlation between again, loss of collagen causing sagging skin and the sun.  I stopped cold turkey and never returned.

Like @Monikakm says I think she lives in a cave.  That's about how I do it.  It's so hot here I"m using instacart.

Back to my 4th laser treatment.  He did a double pass I think or he cranked up the machine because it is now 5 days and I'm still red.  My neck suffered the most.  I'm aggravated as I should have started with my neck on first treatment.  Oh well, I will take a wait and see approach on it and keep you all posted.

Even my eyelids are peeling on top somewhat but I'm seeing the light of day now.  I just went and had my hair colored and stylist says your skin look's so smooth. 

I know people here say they don't have any sagging or wrinkles.

When you look at yourself in a magnifying mirror you look 20.

Number one your not smiling. Or ou take a selfie.  It's so close everyone looks young.  Let some else take a picture far away. Sideways too.

Best thing to try is take a side picture (selfie when your alone) with your face leaning down.  You will see the loss of definition on the jawline and the neck also.  better yet take a video on your phone of you walking around.  Someone here told me that when I had my own thread years ago.  She was a nice lady called "himilover"  She had a himalayn siamese cat.  Wonder if anyone here remembers her?

Hope she's ok.  Lived in Pennsylvania.

Now I do that picture and proudly say that I'm tight and right..  Hairstylist said my goodness you will look 40 in a few months.  I now wait and see if this was worth it.  3 months for full resultls - collagen growth.  What the heck.

Yeah, I'm a little trooper. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I refuse to 'live in a cave'. I love the outdoors here in Colorado and that's why I live here. Unfortunately at this high altitude we get about 15% more damaging UV than what people get at sea level. Only fools go out under the sun here w/o protection year-round. I learned about what the sun can do to skin at at very young age. My mom is Asian and she told me, when I was a little girl, to always protect myself from the sun. She was so far ahead of the times. No one in my circle of friends at that time ever thought about sun protection. But I did. Thank you mom!.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I refuse to 'live in a cave'. I love the outdoors here in Colorado and that's why I live here. Unfortunately at this high altitude we get about 15% more damaging UV than what people get at sea level. Only fools go out under the sun here w/o protection year-round. I learned about what the sun can do to skin at at very young age. My mom is Asian and she told me, when I was a little girl, to always protect myself from the sun. She was so far ahead of the times. No one in my circle of friends at that time ever thought about sun protection. But I did. Thank you mom!.

@SilleeMee  I was kidding and a joke.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok, 10 days after 4th treatment picture 2 of course. 

I had eyelid's done and neck too which I should have done all along for a little more money.  Darn.

This time healing took a long time, it seem's each time got more aggressive on my skin

Buyer beware of this first picture. 10 days ago.

20230703_190039[1014] red face.jpg

Today: Here you will see scratches in my neck.  It's from healing and the terrible itching, oh my goodness, especially at night. it took so long to heal as you can see from above picture. I was going crazy itching my neck

20230713_144253 ok laser.jpg

Now it's wait and see.  Collagen takes time for regrowth with laser's but I'm smoother and just say firmer.   I feel something tightening. The glow will come after peel is done.

Trusted Contributor

Wow, @Pink123  That first picture looks painful. I can see why it's taking a bit longer to heal this time. I definitely see some improvement to your skin clarity and bet that a week from now you will look even better. When did the redness subside? Yes, it will be interesting to see longer term results in 2-3 months. Thanks for the update!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuvSoCal  wow was right on the 4th treatment.  Especially the neck which has no sweat glands is and very delicate to begin with.

Even PS said you have bee careful with the neck.

This time it took about 7 days, including the peeling.  Neck was the toughest to lighten up but both were hard.  

I feel it's the constant monthly beating which is what it's suppossed to do in the end.  Yep, will keep you posted on all this.

I need to find the poster who talked about V-Beam.  This targets redness I believe.  Although I do not think I will need it now after this but am curious about the experience.

Well at least I don't have any ak's or pre-cancer's anymore for awhile.  

I'll be much better when I get the solbari sunbrella.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today this is day 11 at the same time I usually post pic's in same lighting and area:

I'm also trying to keep same expression.  I do smile and laugh alot in real life.  Smiley Happy

PS.  All I'm wearing is a little lancome powder foundation over cerave moisturizer.

20230714_113415[1079] today laser day 11.jpg