Honored Contributor

CLARK'S BOTANICAL SKIN CARE

[ Edited ]

I see this line is back on the schedule tonite at 10PM. Maybe Q has decided to re-introduce a good  makeup/skincare. That would be so refreshing. 

Philosophy has many shows tomorrow and I'm finding their offerings so repetitive. 

I'd love to see some true makeup artists besides Laura Geller, RMS and the ladies from MAC. Mally is just too loud and frenetic to watch. I miss Kristopher Buckle, Eve and others. 

Enough Calista, Dyson, Philophy, IT and Tweak'd. Anything from those lines are available online and no need to keep showing these same products. It seems that the Q beauty area needs to be really revamped. 

What do you think?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CLARK'S BOTANICAL SKIN CARE

@Shanus - I'm glad to see Clark's Botanical back on air.  The other day I thought of this line and realized they had not been on in a long time and now they are back!  I've used a few of their products and liked them.

I agree that the beauty lines need to be revamped.  Too much repetition of the same thing.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@Shanus - I'm glad to see Clark's Botanical back on air.  The other day I thought of this line and realized they had not been on in a long time and now they are back!  I've used a few of their products and liked them.

I agree that the beauty lines need to be revamped.  Too much repetition of the same thing.

@twinsister   I'm hoping this a new beginning, but looking ahead on the schedule, I'm doubtful. 

QVC is missing the boat if they pay attention to the beauty forum and read where and what we're purchasing...very little are the brands available Q.

Honored Contributor

I think(and these are my thoughts) that if you think any of these skin care products will make you look 21 when you are 71 and I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Remember the secret of good skin:

Ancestors

No smoking

Stay out of the sun

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I think(and these are my thoughts) that if you think any of these skin care products will make you look 21 when you are 71 and I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Remember the secret of good skin:

Ancestors

No smoking

Stay out of the sun

@Group 5 minus 1   I agree about products that promise to turn back time, but besides your list, I will add good skincare...beginning at any age. It may not take off 20 yrs. or stop the clock, but you will see positive changes in your complexion. 

Respected Contributor

It is possible that skincare and cosmetic companies are not the ones that care to sell through tv and not the other way around. Possibly QVC does not interest them. As I understand it selling on tv brings with it a very high return rate. I'm only guessing...

Honored Contributor

I agree, so many have closets full of Philosophy body washes, not to mention how poor the quality of it is. The more artificial dyes they use to make those pretty colors the more people are buying it, great marketing ploy. 

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

It is possible that skincare and cosmetic companies are not the ones that care to sell through tv and not the other way around. Possibly QVC does not interest them. As I understand it selling on tv brings with it a very high return rate. I'm only guessing...

@Janey2   I think returns are often made from TV sales and dept. or speciality stores. Items are not always what they seem or advertised to be.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  If you look at the return policy for cosmetics and skincare of many stores now once you open the product and use it it's yours. When I purchase one of these products I always take a sample also ( if possible) and use that before I open the product. 

Contributor

I agree.  Surprised to see you mention Christopher Buckle.  Loved his products and still have his eyebrow pot.  Love it