Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases This Week; 2/24

Good morning.  Hope everyone is doing well.  

What beauty purchases did you make this past week?  Were they new or replacement purchases?  What do you like or not like about them?   

Here's my list:

L'Oreal - Infallible 24 hour foundation in Ivory Buff #430.  I had this in another shade that wasn't right for me. This shade is much better.

L'Oreal - Colour Riche lipstick in Fairest Nude #800.  I like this.  Its a nude with a touch of pink.  However, on its own it does wash me out a bit so paired with a deeper pink lip liner all over my lips and then this on top, it works perfectly.  Good for days that I'm not wearing much makeup but still want a bit of color in my lipstick.

NYX - Bare With Me concealer serum in Vanilla.  Have this in 2 other shades and was combining those until I could find and try this shade.  This shade is much better.  Love this concealer.

Revlon - Colorstay Skin Awaken 5 in 1 concealer in Vanilla 010. Don't buy much Revlon but heard about this concealer on YT so added it to a recent WM order.  The color seems good but haven't given it an actual test yet.

Looking forward to reading everyone's posts!

Valued Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases This Week; 2/24

@JudyL 

morning ! I actually became a member of Beauty Pie last week . I ordered a few products and they are great .  For a few years now I have been keeping my makeup/skin care ourchases to a minium , but prices keep going up . Even drugstores products . I have an over 50 blog that talked about them . They have a few subscription to choose from . It's differnt than subscription boxes .  You pay the annual fee and then you have a  dollar amount that you can spend for the year . The prices are 75% off retail . It was created by Marcia Kilgore of Bliss fame . I ordered a cream blush , lipstick, eyeliner and an under eye brightener (that is a dead-ringer for an old Becca brightener I used ) . The products are wonderful and the price tag was even better . Best part products are cruelty free 

Esteemed Contributor

Well for me, I bought a lot of items. I have very sensitive skin, which is why I really appreciate all the rec's from the beauty board. You all explain/describe things very well and mention if you've had reaction or if there is fragrance w/in an item. It's all been very helpful to me. Smiley Happy 

Alpha 10% Renewal Cream - so far I am loving how this feels and have had no adverse reactions.

Almay Oil free Micellar eye makeup remover pads - new to me and since I'm going to start wearing more eye makeup I thought I would try these. Work for me and have had no adverse reaction.

Loreal True Match Nude Tinted serum in shade .5- 2 - This shade works now, but won't when I get a bit of color and I will get a bit of color come spring. Yes, I do wear sunscreen. Anyhoo, so far I like this item and have not had an issue w/ the dropper. Glad people warned about it so I would take care. This is my first tinted serum, goes on smooth and have had not adverse reactions.

ELF eye primer - The one that comes in a stick form or whatever you call it. Glad I didn't spend much as I don't really care for it at all. Leaves my eyes w/ a tight feeling and it did not really cover/eliminate the reddish color on my eyelids -- which maybe it isn't supposed to, but it's one of the things I wanted in a primer. Will not buy again.

3 SK Brushes - flat top for foundation (love this one already), small eye shadow (liking this one too) & flat liner brush - this one I need to practice with as I don't have a good eyeshadow to play w/ yet. As a side note, I cleaned the 3 brushes I kept from my old stash. Thanks again for rec's on how to clean brushes.

I would have bought eyeshadow if I could have found something at Target. They didn't really have what I call neutrals in like a 3 or 4 colorway. My eyes are very sensitive so I will need to be cautious on what brand. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

Well for me, I bought a lot of items. I have very sensitive skin, which is why I really appreciate all the rec's from the beauty board. You all explain/describe things very well and mention if you've had reaction or if there is fragrance w/in an item. It's all been very helpful to me. Smiley Happy 

Alpha 10% Renewal Cream - so far I am loving how this feels and have had no adverse reactions.

Almay Oil free Micellar eye makeup remover pads - new to me and since I'm going to start wearing more eye makeup I thought I would try these. Work for me and have had no adverse reaction.

Loreal True Match Nude Tinted serum in shade .5- 2 - This shade works now, but won't when I get a bit of color and I will get a bit of color come spring. Yes, I do wear sunscreen. Anyhoo, so far I like this item and have not had an issue w/ the dropper. Glad people warned about it so I would take care. This is my first tinted serum, goes on smooth and have had not adverse reactions.

ELF eye primer - The one that comes in a stick form or whatever you call it. Glad I didn't spend much as I don't really care for it at all. Leaves my eyes w/ a tight feeling and it did not really cover/eliminate the reddish color on my eyelids -- which maybe it isn't supposed to, but it's one of the things I wanted in a primer. Will not buy again.

3 SK Brushes - flat top for foundation (love this one already), small eye shadow (liking this one too) & flat liner brush - this one I need to practice with as I don't have a good eyeshadow to play w/ yet. As a side note, I cleaned the 3 brushes I kept from my old stash. Thanks again for rec's on how to clean brushes.

I would have bought eyeshadow if I could have found something at Target. They didn't really have what I call neutrals in like a 3 or 4 colorway. My eyes are very sensitive so I will need to be cautious on what brand. 

@kate2357 - re eye primer.  I swear by Milani eyeshadow primer.  Comes in a small tube but you need such a small amount it does last.  My shadows stay on all day.  Used to use more expensive brand but once I tried this one, I never went back.

Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

@JudyL 

morning ! I actually became a member of Beauty Pie last week . I ordered a few products and they are great .  For a few years now I have been keeping my makeup/skin care ourchases to a minium , but prices keep going up . Even drugstores products . I have an over 50 blog that talked about them . They have a few subscription to choose from . It's differnt than subscription boxes .  You pay the annual fee and then you have a  dollar amount that you can spend for the year . The prices are 75% off retail . It was created by Marcia Kilgore of Bliss fame . I ordered a cream blush , lipstick, eyeliner and an under eye brightener (that is a dead-ringer for an old Becca brightener I used ) . The products are wonderful and the price tag was even better . Best part products are cruelty free 

@marmarbrooklyn - I've heard about Beauty Pie.  Wondered what it was.  Thanks for letting us know.

Valued Contributor

@JudyL 

You are welcome . They also have a one day $10 pass . You can shop member prices for 24 hours spending up to $300 with no commitment .

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL 

Re: Milani eyeshadow primer - when I read the reviews on this item it said it dried clear, which is why I didn't buy it. The product does get great reviews and is affordable, I was just hoping to find something w/ some sort of color corrector benefits. (If that's the right term). In your experience w/ the Milani did you find that it does reduce the redness/discoloration from the eyelid? 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@JudyL   

I purchased Chanel's ultra Le Teint Velvet foundation.  I am returning it.  Chanel's color shades run too yellow for my skin but I can say that the finish was beautiful, a beautiful velvet matte.

CHANEL ULTRA LE TEINT Velvet Blurring Smooth-Effect Foundation SPF 15, Main, color, B10

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@JudyL 

Re: Milani eyeshadow primer - when I read the reviews on this item it said it dried clear, which is why I didn't buy it. The product does get great reviews and is affordable, I was just hoping to find something w/ some sort of color corrector benefits. (If that's the right term). In your experience w/ the Milani did you find that it does reduce the redness/discoloration from the eyelid? 

@kate2357 I have tried the Milani primer because it gets so many recommondations but unfortunately for me it did dry clear.  I also need color correction on my lids.  I have a few primers that correct the redness and they all work ok, but I always find myself going back to MAC paintpot in Painterly.  The only problem with it is that it does get a bit thick and dry if you don't use it all the time.  As long as I use it frequently it doesn't dry out and it lasts forever.  If you have a warm skin tone, Soft Ochre might work better.

Honored Contributor

Just this lippie. I bought this just to compare it with the Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm ("My Pink") which I already own and love.

e.l.f. Gotta Glow Lip Tint, Perfect Pink (dc'd)

download.jpg