Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases week ending 10/25/19

Hi Beauties,  I purchased:

I ended up buying One and Done light coverage foundation by Urban Decay.  I bought it a month or so ago and returned it and kept Nars.  Well it ended up the Nars was too light and decided to go back to Urban Decay.  It's more reasonably priced too. Beautiful finish and feels mousse like texture.

Nordstrom is having a Beauty event starting Oct. 28 - FYI.

Enjoy your weekend, Beauties.  We are cooling down to the 50's and 40's and 30's at night.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases week ending 10/25/19

Good Friday morning!

There was a hiccup in my auto-ship of Amara Vit C serum, so I bought Derma-E Vitamin Serum at Natural Grocers to use for a couple weeks.  Who knows?  maybe I'll love it and repurchase?   Time will tell.   So far, the Derma-E feels more like a thick lotion, not a serum.  And it really doesn't have much Vit C in it.  

Anyone here use any Derma-E skin products?  Opinions?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to "hold off" since Nordstrom and Sephora have their special sale events coming up. 

I did, however replace my Skinceuticals Vit. C (not avail. at either) and my usual drugstore necessities like mascara, Wet 'N Wild lip pencil, etc. I also purchased Shea Moisture Shea Butter bath soap in a lavender fragrance. Yum!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a couple of Essence plumping nudes lip glosses at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. These are fairly new to the Essence brand. The colors are wearable and not sticky. They are made in Italy and cost about $5 each.

I also bought some Annabelle holo highlighter singles in London Drugs. These are limited edition Halloween items but the colors are color shifting pale pink to blue and color shifting pale geen to gold. I also bought a shimmer orchid pink gloss from the line - all are made in Canada.

Respected Contributor

I bought the HSN Perlier Hand Cream TSV.  I bought a set last year , too.  I love trying different scents. But I usually get tired of the scents when it is in a full size.  So, these mini sizes are perfect for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I got the Colourpop Smoke Show palette, along with some shadow singles I had on my wishlist.

Image result for colourpop smoke show

I've wanted a grayscale palette for awhile, and this one is only $12.

I also bought the Tarte Foundcealer foundation, but have not tried it yet.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel @I love those colors.  I just bought a nice Laura Geller set and another one from Cargo that is very nice.

Respected Contributor

Just some cotton rounds...I am waiting for the Sephora Sale to purchase a few things for myself & some x-mas gifts. Glad you found a light foundation that works for you @Katcat1. Have a good wkend.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella  Thanks Kabella, have a wonderful weekend too.  FYI Nordstrom has a big Beauty sale starting Oct. 28.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I bought a small tube of PTR firmx eye smoother from ebay---paid $10 for 1 oz---it was on the Q as a 2 for one, I think---and that is way too much for me to use before it goes bad--I used it before and really liked what it did but just couldn't use it up fast enough and ended up throwing a huge amount away.