Honored Contributor

Re: Ban Refreshing Body Cloths

On 3/5/2014 aprilskies said: I agree, more for the landfills. Let's hope showers don't go out of style.

These don't replace a shower. They're for times you can't shower. Do you really not understand how there are times when that happens?

The're great for camping, for the end of an athletic event, for wiping sweat off before reapplying sunscreen, and for keeping in an emergency preparation kit because if there's a disaster and you don't get water for days, the last thing you want to do is use your drinking water to shower.

And baby wipes are compostable, so they don't need to go in a landfill. These might be, too - if not, use baby wipes instead.

Honored Contributor

Why not just use water and a washcloth?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 3/12/2014 jaxs mom said:

Because not everyone is home where there are washcloths and water; because you just need a quick wipe off and don't want to take the time to get out a washcloth and wet it and then wash it again later; because you use them on the bathroom floor and places that need a quick dust; because you need to get the lotion off of your hands; because you want to wipe off some of your makeup; because they are wonderful to have! I use the unscented Huggies too!

Respected Contributor

Not always available, like when traveling, or hiking/camping (don't waste drinking water on bathing). Sounds like the same thing as those baby wipes, or I sometimes get the Wet Wipes pop-up container to keep in the car when traveling.

Valued Contributor

I would love to try these.

Valued Contributor

These are not meant to replace water and cloth, if one is near a sink. They are marketed as an on-the-go type product, like many facial wipes are, too (for travel, convenience, etc).

Honored Contributor

On 3/12/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Not always available, like when traveling, or hiking/camping (don't waste drinking water on bathing). Sounds like the same thing as those baby wipes, or I sometimes get the Wet Wipes pop-up container to keep in the car when traveling.

My mom always had some on her and I thought she was really smart for that and always remembered. I don't like the strong smell, so I use the unscented baby wipes, but they can be a great benefit when you're on a car trip, especially if you are on a long car trip and people are eating or drinking in the car. I also make sure that I always have some Shout Stain Wipes in my purse, desk, bag or suitcase and replace them twice a year so they aren't dried out when I need them.

Super Contributor

I imagine they are similar to the wipes we have at the hospital for our patients called Comfort Bath. They come in a pack of about 5 wipes and are much thicker than baby wipes. You microwave the pack to warm them then use them to clean the patients. They do an ok job for in-between cleanings but don't take the place of a good soap and water bath.

Super Contributor

I heard an ad for these today. They claimed to have a cooling effect on the skin. They were suggesting you go from gym to grocery store without smelling.

Respected Contributor

On 3/12/2014 bljed said:

I heard an ad for these today. They claimed to have a cooling effect on the skin. They were suggesting you go from gym to grocery store without smelling. Smile

Then they have NOT seen me after the gym. I practically need to go through a car wash. Lol!! Smiley Wink These do look interesting, though. I'd probably use them after the gym for running a quick errand, but nothing even remotely nice! :-0